Since Windows Server 2008 Beta stages, our team has been supporting TechNet forums. Today, TechNet/MSDN is releasing a new community platform, with more functionalities and renewed interface. Not all forums are in the new platform yet – we were lucky to get into the first migration wave.
If you are a Storage Forum user, you’ll notice some changes:
· Our Forum will not be a “Windows Server 2008” forum anymore – it’s Windows Server, period. Customers from all Server versions are welcome to post.
· Heavy forum users – like people from Product Team or Storage MVPs – will like the fact that we can now copy and paste code without having certain symbols turning into smileys J
· A new lighter weight editor was added to reduce the time it takes to create or reply to a post.
· One of the coolest features is a quick filter called “Unread”, which displays all threads with new posts since the last time you visited the forums
· The ability to expand and collapse forum category headers was also added – one less click to read the threads.
This is the new link:
And last – but not least – this is how it looks like:
Enjoy the new Forums! Happy posting!