Great news… the product is now RTM, refer the DPM Blog for details
The RTM Evaluation Software for DPM 2010 is available at: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/evalcenter/bb727240.aspx
A single DPM server can protect –
- 100 production servers
- 1,000 Windows clients
- 2,000 SQL databases
- 25TB SharePoint farms containing 1M items
- 40TB Exchange databases
my experience of the step by step installation -
The DPM 2010 installation will guide you through the installation of the following prerequisites:
- PowerShell 2.0 Community Technology Preview 3 (CTP3)
- .NET 3.5 Service Pack 1 (SP1)
- Windows Installer (MSI) 4.5
- Windows Single Instance Store (SIS)
The following table lists additional DPM prerequisites for the supported operating systems.
Required Prerequisites Software
Windows Server 2008
Windows Server 2008 R2
No required prerequisites are required. All prerequisites are preinstalled on the operating system.
Note: You must restart the computer to complete the installation of the prerequisite software. After restarting the computer, restart DPM Setup.
· The computer on which you install DPM must be a member of a domain.
· You must have administrative privileges to install DPM.
· You cannot install DPM on the following:
- Management Server for Microsoft System Center Operations Manager
- Application server
- A computer with cluster services enabled
Step by step screenshot
Once the reboot was done (post SIS install) -
I am using the local SQL 2008 SP1 for the DB
Once the components are installed, it will be better to reboot the server and then start with the Configuration of the DPM server (using the Management tab to install agents, add disks and libraries)
I hope I was able to share how the product will be installed.
ACTION for YOU : DOWNLOAD and Install the EVAL mentioned above at the link
Happy INSTALLING DPM2010