Approfitto della necessaria segnalazione della disponibilità di Internet Explorer 8 Beta 2 in italiano come riportato da Renato, per riportarvi l’insieme dei post del blog di IE nei quali sono stati forniti i dettagli delle varie funzionalità in area sicurezza di IE8, direttamente tratto da un utilissimo riepilogo dello stesso Eric Lawrence, IE Security Program Manager:
Trustworthy Browsing: Security
- Part I: DEP/NX Memory Protection details how Internet Explorer 8 will mitigate memory-related vulnerabilities by working with Windows and your processor to help prevent code from running in memory that was marked non-executable.
- Part II: ActiveX Improvements explains the important attack surface reduction changes we’ve made to add-ons for IE8, and provides references to help developers build more secure controls.
- Part III: The SmartScreen® Filter describes how we’ve built upon the success of the IE7 Phishing Filter to deliver reputation-based protection against malicious sites, including those that distribute malicious software.
- Part IV: The XSS Filter explains cross-site-scripting attacks and details how the new IE8 feature will help mitigate the most common vulnerability in software today.
- Part V: Comprehensive Protection describes how the Web Application Defenses, Local Browser Defenses, and Social Engineering defenses we’ve built for IE8 help provide comprehensive protection from malicious sites.
- Part VI: Beta 2 Update, coming to the IE Blog next week, will describe minor changes we’ve made to Beta 2 security features in response to customer feedback and to improve support for the current HTML5 draft proposal.
Trustworthy Browsing: Reliability
- IE8 and Loosely-Coupled-IE explains the architectural changes which have been made to Internet Explorer to help improve the performance, reliability, and scalability of the browser.
- IE8 and Reliability describes how LCIE enables the new IE8 Automatic Crash Recovery feature, designed get users back to browsing as quickly as possible after a crash.
Trustworthy Browsing: Privacy
- Privacy Beyond Blocking Cookies: Bringing Awareness to Third-Party Content discusses one aspect of privacy on the web: third-party content.
- IE8 and Privacy discusses new IE8 InPrivate™ features that give users more choice about controlling what information they keep and exchange.
Trustworthy Browsing: Business Practices
- IE8 and Trustworthy Browsing frames our overall approach in Security, Privacy, Reliability and Business Practices for IE8 in reference to Microsoft’s framework for Trustworthy Computing.
- Font Embedding on the Web describes our proposed standard for font embedding that supports the intellectual property rights of type designers.
Su alcuni ho già avuto modo di postare, sugli altri lo farò quando altre notizie/dettagli mi daranno nuovamente l’occasione di parlarne.
Altri post/risorse correlate: