Download the Deploying and Managing Windows Azure Applications Evaluation
System Center enables IT Professionals to use existing skills and tools to monitor and manage applications on Windows Azure without purchasing additional hardware or software. The Windows Azure Application Monitoring Management Pack bridges the gap between System Center Operations Manager 2007 R2 and applications running on Windows Azure, enabling IT Pros to use System Center Operations Manager to manage applications on Windows Azure.
In this evaluation, users will follow a step-by-step guide to deploy a sample application to Windows Azure and then use System Center Operations Manager to monitor and manage that application.
The following components are included in the Deploying and Managing Windows Azure Applications evaluation:
- Windows Azure Platform Trial - Sign up for a free trial of the Windows Azure platform or use your own account.
- Evaluation Guide - This step-by-step guide walks you through deploying and managing an application on Windows Azure.
- Windows Azure-ready Application - You will deploy this sample application on Windows Azure.
- System Center Operations Manager 2007 R2 VHD - This fully configured virtual machine provides the environment from which you will deploy the sample application on Windows Azure and demonstrates System Center Operations Manager's capabilities for managing applications and IT services in a Windows Azure public cloud environment.
- Windows Azure Application Monitoring Management Pack - The Windows Azure Application Monitoring Management Pack for System Center Operations Manager enables you to monitor the availability and performance of applications that are running on Windows Azure.
- Windows Azure Software Development Kit and Tools for Visual Studio - To further explore Windows Azure, these tools extend Visual Studio 2010 and Visual Web Developer 2010 Express Edition to enable you to create, build, debug, run, and package scalable services on Windows Azure.