Released: Update Rollup 1 for Exchange Server 2010 SP3

Update 6/13/13: we added a known issue with transport rules to the blog post below.

Today the Exchange CXP team released Update Rollup 1 for Exchange Server 2010 SP3 to the Download Center.

This update contains fixes for a number of customer-reported and internally found issues. For more details, including a list of fixes included in this update, see KB 2803727. We would like to specifically call out the following fixes which are included in this release:

• 2561346 Mailbox storage limit error when a delegate uses the manager’s mailbox to send an email message in an Exchange Server 2010 environment
  • 2756460 You cannot open a mailbox that is located in a different site by using Outlook Anywhere in an Exchange Server 2010 environment
  • 2802569 Mailbox synchronization fails on an Exchange ActiveSync device in an Exchange Server 2010 environment
  • 2814847 Rapid growth in transaction logs, CPU use, and memory consumption in Exchange Server 2010 when a user syncs a mailbox by using an iOS 6.1 or 6.1.1-based device
  • 2822208 Unable to soft delete some messages after installing Exchange 2010 SP2 RU6 or SP3

For DST changes, see Daylight Saving Time Help and Support Center (microsoft.com/time).

A known issue with Exchange 2010 SP3 RU1 Setup

You cannot install or uninstall Update Rollup 1 for Exchange Server 2010 SP3 on the double-byte character set (DBCS) version of Windows Server 2012 if the language preference for non-Unicode programs is set to the default language. To work around this issue, you must first change this setting. To do this, follow these steps:

1. In Control Panel, open the Clock, Region and Language item, and then click Region.
  2. Click the Administrative tab.
  3. In the Language for non-Unicode programs area, click Change system locale.
  4. On the Current system locale list, click English (United States), and then click OK.

After you successfully install or uninstall Update Rollup 1, revert this language setting, as appropriate.

We have identified the cause of this problem and plan to resolve it in a future rollup, but did not want to further delay the release of RU1 for customers who are not impacted by it.

A known issue with transport rules after E2010 SP3 RU1 is installed

We have an issue where the messages stick in poison queue and transport continually crashes after this rollup is applied.

We have gathered enough information and have determined the issue.  Specifically, the issue is caused by a transport rule (disclaimer) attempting to append the disclaimer to the end of HTML formatted messages.   When this occurs, messages will be placed in the poison queue and the transport service will crash with an exception.  We are investing resources to develop a code fix.  You can either disable or reconfigure the disclaimer transport rule.

Exchange Team

1. Victor says:

The links in this article do not work.

2. Amit says:

Thanks for releasing this RU. We have been waiting since long.

3. Brian Day [MSFT] says:

@Victor, per the article "Note: Some of the following KB articles may not be available at the time of publishing this post. " they will be live in a little while once the bits propagate around the globe.

4. sp@solvoit.com says:

Can you verify that IU KB2806602 is incl. in this RU?

5. Paul Newell says:

Sweet!  Does this mean an UR 7 for 2010 SP 2 is around the corner?

6. Chuckie Thung says:

Still waiting for the soft-delete issue to be fixed for SP2. Is an update rollup for SP2 coming? We can't schedule a schema update for other reasons

7. Andy says:

Chuckie

Call Microsoft PSS and you can get an Interim Update to fix the Soft Delete Issue for SP3 (thats what we did). Alternatively I believe the fix is included in Exchange 2010 SP3 UR1

8. Jonas C says:

Something to think about when in coexistance with E2013cu1?

9. Om Prakash Nath says:

Finger Crossed, what this RU is going to break, this time !!!!

10. Andy

fix "2822208 Unable to soft delete some messages after installing Exchange 2010 SP2 RU6 or SP3" is included in UR1

11. Maksim Barakin says:

Andy

fix "2822208 Unable to soft delete some messages after installing Exchange 2010 SP2 RU6 or SP3" is included in this UR1

12. Tireak says:

I'm currently on Exchange 2010 SP2 UR6, so what would be my process to upgrade to SP3 UR1???

13. Ross Smith IV says:

@Tireak – the process would be

1.  Upgrade schema and perform /PrepareAD.

2.  Upgrade your servers to SP3.

3.  Install SP3 RU1.

14. Entegy says:

Isn't the schema update done as part of the SP3 upgrade process? Is it necessary to have it as a separate step I must do?

15. Doug says:

@Paul I logged a call with MS to obtain a hotfix for the soft delete issue under SP2 v6. I asked if they would fix this in UR7 but was advised they are leaving SP2 buggy and not releasing anymore fixes for it. You need to move to SP3 to obtain further fixes :S

16. Bharat Suneja [MSFT] says:

@Tireak: Upgrade to SP3 then apply this RU (RU1).

17. Ross Smith IV says:

@entegy – it is only necessary to separate if you have separation of duties.

18. Paul Newell says:

@Doug

That's no good for me.  :(  I have to wait until programs that use Exchange are "Certified" to work with SP3.

Can anyone from MS comment on the status of a (potential) UR 7 for 2010 SP2?

19. Fernando Sosa says:

Is there a solution for "2814847 Rapid growth in transaction logs, CPU use, and memory consumption in Exchange Server 2010 when a user syncs a mailbox by using an iOS 6.1 or 6.1.1-based device" coming to Exchange 2007 SP3?

20. Bharat Suneja [MSFT] says:

@Paul Newell: Nothing to share on that front. We recommend upgrading to Exchange 2010 SP3 RU1.

21. sp@solvoit.com says:

Thanks for ignoring me, found the answer myself now support.microsoft.com/…/2806602

22. ntinlin@aol.com says:

Great. Didn't want to go to SP3 until 2822208 fix was freely available.

23. survivor2007@gmail.com says:

Actually, list of fixes much longer:

2561346  Mailbox storage limit error when a delegate uses the manager's mailbox to send an email message in an Exchange Server 2010 environment

2729954  Can't send voice message to a selected non-primary email address in an Exchange Server 2010 environment

2750846  Information Store service crashes when you mount public folder databases on an Exchange Server 2010 server

2751628  Event ID 9682 does not record the folder name when you delete a public folder in an Exchange Server 2010 environment

2756460  You cannot open a mailbox that is located in a different site by using Outlook Anywhere in an Exchange Server 2010 environment

2763065  Move request log is logged when you move a mailbox in an Exchange Server 2010 SP2 environment

2777742  Address Book service crashes on an Exchange Server 2010 Client Access server when a server has been running for 25 days or more

2781488  RPC_S_SERVER_UNAVAILABLE (0x6BA) error code when you use a MAPI or CDO-based application in an Exchange Server 2010 environment

24. survivor2007@gmail.com says:

2782683  Email message that a user sends by using the "Send As" or "Send On Behalf" permission is saved only in the Sent Items folder of the sender in an Exchange Server 2010 environment

2784210  Ethical wall does not function as expected when the ReportToOriginatorEnabled property is disabled in an Exchange Server 2003 and Exchange Server 2010 coexistence environment

2793348  Read receipt is sent unexpectedly when you view an email message by using Outlook Web App

2796490  Microsoft Exchange Information Store service crashes on an Exchange Server 2010 Mailbox server

2802569  Mailbox synchronization fails on an Exchange ActiveSync device in an Exchange Server 2010 environment

2803132  Delayed email message delivery on a BlackBerry mobile device after you install Update Rollup 4 for Exchange Server 2010 SP2

2806602  EdgeTransport.exe process crashes on an Exchange Server 2010 Hub Transport server

2814723  Server loses network connectivity and UDP ports are used up on an Exchange Server 2010 server

2814847  Rapid growth in transaction logs, CPU use, and memory consumption in Exchange Server 2010 when a user syncs a mailbox by using an iOS 6.1 or 6.1.1-based device

2816934  Error code 0X800CCC13 when an additional POP3 or IMAP account is used to send an email message and Outlook online mode is used to connect to an Exchange Server 2010 environment

2817140  Exchange Replication service crashes intermittently in an Exchange Server 2010 environment

2817852  Cyrillic characters are displayed as question marks in the "To" field of message items in the Sent Items folder in an Exchange 2010 environment

2818456  Attachments are missing from an embedded message in an Exchange Server 2010 SP2 environment

2822208  Unable to soft delete some messages after installing Exchange 2010 SP2 RU6 or SP3

2826066  VSAPI-based antivirus software causes delayed response in an Exchange Server 2010 environment

2827037  Copy of an item is created in the Version subfolder in an Exchange Server 2010 environment

2833888  No items are displayed in Outlook after you install Exchange Server 2010 SP3 or Update Rollup 6 for Exchange Server 2010 SP2

2840099  ArgumentOutOfRangeException exception when an EWS application creates a new MIME email in an Exchange Server 2010 environment

25. Purpose says:

steenpedersen…try posting in an appropriate forum if you expect immediate answers.  Not getting a response the same day on here is "ignoring you"?  Wow.

26. sp@solvoit.com says:

27. Paul Newell says:

@steenpedersen

I think Purpose was referring to posting questions at TechNet (social.technet.microsoft.com/…/exchangeserverlegacy).

Unfortunately, since the link with the contained fixes wasn't available when you posted your question, no one could answer (here or on TechNet).  Ah well.

28. sp@solvoit.com says:

@Paul Newell, I am a big fan og Technet Exhcange Forums and use it everyday, but some answers needs "inside knowledge" to answer, such as mine :-) You're right. The article was posted afterwards. BR Steen.

29. Elan says:

I installed SP3 RU1 but I still see (Version 14.3 Build 123.4). This should be Build 146.0. This is happening on both of my multi-role CAS/HUB servers. Anyone else having this issue?

30. james bennett says:

Any chance this fixes allowcrosssiterpcclientaccess from resetting?

My colleague had called ms back when sp2ru4v2 was out and was told it would be fixed in sp3ru1

I have decent amount of dags in my client base and we monitor this with a script because it randomly resets.

31. Sven J says:

On single server enviroment the upgrade went well.

No problems so far.

32. Ross Smith IV says:

@James Bennett – Yes, the issue with AllowCrossSiteRPClientAccess resetting is fixed in SP3 RU1.

33. S says:

Steen – asking in a forum where there are people to answer is a much better place to get responses.  A blogger has no mandate to answer back.  The elho blog folks answer back better than anyone else I know, but there's no guarantee that you'll ever get this level of response anywhere else.

34. Sven J says:

So.. I was writing too early that everything is fine with RU1. I see, that I'm not the only one in this thread:

social.technet.microsoft.com/…/851f5687-7c58-4114-9369-7a5ad1e7aff1

Any commentd from MS side?

35. Sven J says:

Quick note.. My problem is somehow related with transport rule (mine was appending a company signature).

At the moment I disabled this rule. Investigating. Somehow this error is triggered when mail is sent trough Outlook. OWA works fine.

36. 127 says:

hmm

still not Ex2013 Option at WSUS :(

37. @Sven J: I have the same issue at a custormer with transport rule adding disclaimer.

I also did a test in my own lab:

Exchange 2010 SP3: no problem adding disclaimer

Exchange 2010 SP3 UR1: HTML mail goes to Poison queue and errors in application log (no problems with plain text mail).

I wonder if this issue is only related to transport rule disclaimer functionality or is this a general transport rule issue?

Martijn

38. Lance D. Lingerfelt says:

Thanks for the update guys! I will be testing and rolling out to my customers!

39. WC says:

Whats the catch to this? I installed SP3 RU1 in order to take advantage of the KB2814847 fix assist with the issues of ActiveSync devices. I installed this across our DAG members Friday night but it does not appear to have resolved the problem for us. I can run ExMon and see the same users eating up 20% + CPU as a result of their devices. Their devices are 6.1.3 as well. So I am not sure if this problem is simply expected load or if there is still that underlying issue with performance as a result of the IOS 6.+ fiasco.

40. Amir Haque [MSFT] says:

WC:

Depending on the number of iOS devices you have connecting to your servers in your environment, it could very well be expected load. Also, in order to make sure you are seeing the issue as described in the KB article 2814847, did you get a chance to take a look at IIS and EAS Mailbox Logs for iOS users? The Symptoms section of the article provides details on what to look for in IIS and EAS Mailbox logs. I am confident you'll not find those symptoms, but in case if you do, please call in (1-800-Microsoft) to report that so we can take a deeper look at your issue.

41. Thomas says:

When will ActiceSync and ISA 2006SP1 work together?

since 2010 SP3 the active sync is not workin anymore.

all iphones are dead now!!

the ISA push proxy Server says:

Error: 0x80090322 wrong prinzipal Destination.

before SP3 everthing was working perferct with Exchange 2010 SP2

the RU1 did not help, how can we downgrade?

or will there be another RU2 to fix the Active Sync issue ?

42. Tim Maung says:

We have an issue that mobile devices get a 403 error and IIS logs get DiscoveryInfoMissing error on Exchange 2010 SP3 with multiple sites and multiple Internet facing CAS servers.  When will this bug be fixed?

Thannks!

43. Entegy says:

@Tim Muang What makes you think it's a bug with Exchange and not a glitch in your environment? Why are you posting on a blog post instead of either going to the forums, which have already been linked to, or calling Microsoft for investigation. It's not a bug just because you declare it so. For what it's worth, there has been no interruption of ActiveSync devices in my environment.

44. Tim Maung says:

@Entegy: I've opened a case with MS (Ticket #113052710468676) and support professional has confirmed that this is a known issue in Exchange 2010 SP3 with multiple CAS and multiple Internet facing AD sites. This will be fixed in Exchange 2010 SP3 RU2. Would you mind clarifying your Exchange 2010 SP3 environment without having this issue?

Thanks!

45. MattDenham says:

A warning to anyone running Exclaimer Mail Disclaimers:  the RU1 patch will stop your disclaimers from working.  I've spoken to Exclaimer and have confirmed this is an issue but they don't have a fix yet.  The workaround is to uninstall RU1….

46. Entegy says:

@Tim Muang My setup is not like yours. But now I'm wondering why you posted on a blog still asking when it will be fixed if you have a support incident open and a statement saying it will be fixed in RU2.

47. Purpose says:

"@Purpose ? I ask at the Exchange team blog, where do you suppose I ask? I also asked the same at Twitter with the same result. How should I then get an answer? I can see that MSFT could answer questions like "how to I update"….."

The point is you simply overreacted because you did not get a response immediately.  You asked a question, then didn't get a response the SAME DAY, so you claimed you were being "ignored".  If it's an urgent question, call MS and open a ticket with the appropriate team.  If it's not urgent, then don't assume you deserve an instant response to any and every question.  No one ignored you, plain and simple.

48. Paul Newell says:

I see this fix addresses iOS 6.1 devices, but what does it do to the way those devices interact with Exchange?  I ask because many people still see issues with iOS 6 devices (e.g. "Calendar Hijacking") and my understanding was that the problem was due to the way Apple implemented ActiveSync.

Is there new "Logic" or just maybe a "Default" throttlign behavior adjustment?

Just curious.

49. Asking says:

Just curiosity: Are all kinds of transport rules affected or is it just a disclaimer rule working on the (html?)-body of messages?

50. Nino Bilic says:

@Paul and others that might be interested: currently we do not have a plan to release any more RUs for Exchange 2010 SP2.

51. Asking says:

I start feeling ignored :)

Is there anything official regarding the Transport-Rule-Bug?

52. maciej.opala@gmail.com says:

I'm afraid that all Transport Agents which use Microsoft.Exchange.Data.Transport.Email.Body.GetContentWriteStream() method are affected.

53. Asking says:

… which would mean that other rules (eg filters on subject or attachment name) wouldn't be affected?

54. rob.curbison@pannone.co.uk says:

@ MattDenham – Exclaimer have an RC fix out for this problem – you can receive via email if you call support – going on what @ 'Maciej O. _' says – it sounds like only transport rules are affected that write to the message body – exclaimer does and has fixed, so clearly there is a change in SP3 UR1 and a fix is necessary to perform here.

55. vladon@vladon.ru says:

Nevermind, from Outlook client or OWA.

Disabling the rule removes the problem.

56. Marco Novelli says:

Me too I confirm that a transport rule which adds disclaimers brokes messages and they fall in Poison queue.

Marco

57. zhongjp552@163.com says:

A workaround for the common case of the disclaimer transport rule issue (NOT for all cases)

Add a SBC case (double-byte) space ( ) to the end of the disclaimer text. For example, if your original disclaimer text is "Hello World", then revise it as "Hello World ". Mail receivers will not notice the SBC case space unless they highlight the disclaimer text by selecting it.

If the message body contains the SBC case space as well, this workaround will not work though.

58. Marco Novelli says:

Exchange Team you should retire RU1 until corrected the issue with disclaimer

59. Harcuvar says:

RU1 has some issues with transport rules.

Rich Text emails work, but HTML formatted emails crash the Transport Service and end up in the Poison Queue. My only workaround was to disable our disclaimers, which can't be a long term solution.

This needs to be addressed.

60. Hi Exchange Team,

Can you give an update regarding the disclaimer issue? Is MS working on a fix and when will this be available?

Regards, Martijn

61. mail@eris23.com says:

@Elan and everybody wondering,why they still see 14.3.146.0:

There is no change in version numbers in Exchange 2010 with RUs in the AD objects (2013 changes this as far as I have heard). But you still have two options to check if the RU succeeded:

1. EMC -> Help -> About Exchange Server 2013 -> you see the version number

2. Control Panel -> Programs -> View installed updates

62. seb.roemer@web.de says:

We are using iq suite trailer for disclaimer management. No problems so far with SP3 RU1.

63. Miguel says:

Fails to Install on SBS2011 with Exchange SP3 Installed. This update does apply to SBS?

64. E-mail in Poison queue after RU1 says:

We're experiencing the same issue signalled by other users: all the outgoing e-mail are not sent and placed in Poison queue. We're using Transport rules to append signature and disclaimer.

Removing RU1 seems to be the only workaround.

Any response from Microsoft?!?!

65. Massimo says:

Removing RU1 seems to be the only workaround.

Any response from Microsoft?!?!

66. Ivan Salvade says:

SAME HEREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!    Mails go directly in POISON QUEUE if there are Transport Rules that append disclaimers .

Disable transport rules, resolves the problem.

MICROSOFT!!!  Update the ROLLUP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

67. Ross Smith IV says:

@All – Thank you for the reports.  We have gathered enough information and have determined the issue.  Specifically, the issue is caused by a transport rule (disclaimer) attempting to append the disclaimer to the end of HTML formatted messages.   When this occurs, messages will be placed in the poison queue and the transport service will crash with an exception.  We are investing resources to develop a code fix.  You can either disable or reconfigure the disclaimer transport rule.

Ross

68. Ross,

What do you mean with 'or reconfigure the disclaimer transport rule'? Is there a workaround?

Regards, Martijn

69. Geoff says:

Same issue here; Jingping's workaround seems to correct issue for some disclaimers, but not for all of them. Uninstalling the RU tonight.

70. Miguel says:

Anyone Care to answer please.

Miguel

10 Jun 2013 8:00 AM

#

71. Joseph M Durnal says:

I had a customer run into the disclaimer issue, I hadn't realized that they had installed this RU.  Their tech was focused on fixing an activesync issue, and this did the trick, hoping for a quick fix on the disclaimer.

72. Joegen Kaare Jensen says:

When trying to install SP3 RU 1 i have the following problem.

during the install the progress shows "stopping services" and immidiadte after this i goes into "rollback action" without showing any errors.

Any suggestions welcome.

73. Asking says:

On the plus side: The reputation of Exchange regarding bug fixing can only get better.

Or maybe not :(

74. avk.private@gmail.com says:

//When trying to install SP3 RU 1 i have the following problem.

//during the install the progress shows "stopping services" and immidiadte after this i goes into "rollback action" //without showing any errors.

//Any suggestions welcome.

Same problem. Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1 ENT All Updates

Exchange 2010 ENT SP3.

Russian locale. Changing locale didn't fix problem. Need fix.

75. avk.private@gmail.com says:

//When trying to install SP3 RU 1 i have the following problem.

//Any suggestions welcome.

//Same problem. Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1 ENT All Updates

//Exchange 2010 ENT SP3.

//Russian locale. Changing locale didn't fix problem. Need fix.

Updated: After analyze debug msi log, concluded that it's rights issue. Just run msi from command line with admin rights.

For example same problem here telnet25.wordpress.com/…/setup-wizard-for-update-rollup-1-for-exchange-server-2010-service-pack-kb2645995-was-interrupted

76. jpstiehl@gmail.com says:

@ Joegen Kaare Jensen & Alexey V. Kupriyanov

Try running the roll-up from an elevated command prompt. CD to where it's saved and don't forget the file extension.

77. Jason R says:

Spent the weekend banging my head against the wall due to the SP3 CU1.  I updated our DAG first with SP3 and then with CU1 on Friday night and all seemed ok until I got a call Saturday morning that some email wasn't going out. Saw the event logs errors of 12025 and 12028 as well as crashing transport and poison queues, which lead to articles about AV scanning the transport directory (no AV is installed)or problems with performance counters. After a day of research I finally stumbled across this post which has lead me to disable our disclaimer rules.

1) I am hoping with finally tagging this post with the event ID's generated by this problem it will hopefully help others.

2) Microsoft you should really be ashamed of your QA on this one.  Not only should the CU be immediately pulled, but just the fact that such a serious problem caused by such a common scenario (using a disclaimer transport rule) made it through QA is mind boggling.

78. Pedro Rodriguez says:

So this is a known issue with the disclaimer and transport rule. Any ideas on when a fix will be released? Rollup 1 V2?

79. nosage@gmail.com says:

Cannot install with SBS 2011 either, but I will wait on this RU anyway because of the transport rule issue.

80. Devon says:

81. Bharat Suneja [MSFT] says:

@Devon: Could you send me a screenshot (by email or post it in Exchange forums aka.ms/ExchangeForums)?

82. @Devon & Bharat,

I see the same in an customer environment with Exchange 2010 SP3 UR1. Archives are visible archives but show the name of the primary mailbox owner. I did not pay much attention to this until now but will test it in more detail. I will report later about this.

Martijn

83. Walter says:

Same thing here. Some users now have 5 archives, their own and 4 archives from delegates, all with the same (their own) name.

The items inside are OK, but the original names are lost.

Creating a new e-mail profile seems to solve this.

84. Sharapov says:

We have the same problem with SP3 CU1. Because of the disclaimer all outbound messages end up in the poison queue. Also we have noticed that users are no longer able to open additional mailboxes from OWA when user has "Full Access for a mailbox. Server just times out. Uninstalling CU1 fixes the problem with poisoning of e-mail messages, however it doesn't fix problem with Server timing out. Some users reported Server timing out issue even before CU1 was applied, but I haven't seen real solution for this issue. If anybody knows how to fix Server timing out issue, please point me to the right direction.

85. jason.mcclafferty@hotmail.com says:

We have the same issue:

The items inside are OK, but the original names are lost.

We tried creating a new email profile but it did not resolve the issue. I have screenshots if needed.

86. Joachim Løe says:

I've implemented the RU1 and do not have a disclaimer transport rule. But I experience Posison Messages and Transport Service crash. How long until we see a fix/solution? Will rollback of RU1 solve it? The only solution provided in the text above is to reconfigure or disable. How to do that on nothing that exists :)

Hoping for any answer.

87. RU1 appears to have a bug that breaks online archive names. we have seen the issue in outlook 2010/2013, when a user has multiple archives open, such as a delegates archive. All archives now show the name of the primary mailbox owner. the content is correct inside the archives, it just makes it difficult to determine who’s archive is who’s.

I am able to reproduce this in my lab. Recreating new Outlook profile does not work.

Martijn

88. w.buis@helmond.nl says:

About the "extra" archives appearing in Outlook (2010):

Creating a new profile only helps for a while.

The archives reappear after som time…

89. Richard says:

The description for KB 2763065  in the summary of the RU1 describes it as "Move request log is logged when you move a mailbox in an Exchange Server 2010 SP2 environment"

But it's really the bug fix for the mailbox move cleanup issue and when you click on that KB link you get a page with the correct heading "Mailbox move operation fails when Update Rollup 3 or a later update rollup for Exchange Server 2010 SP2 is installed"

Can someone update it, most people may have missed it and it's been a fix that everyone has been waiting for.

90. Cletus says:

STILL no fix for this Transport Rule issue?

91. Nino Bilic says:

@Devon – thank you, investigating

92. Hatse Knar says:

Its stunning to see every RU creating new problems lately. Is MS trying to save on quality control?

93. Asking says:

Nah, don't think there's anybody left in QA.

Or it's simply an attempt to push customers into their cloud.

94. Telling says:

@Asking,

Exactly. They're trying to push us into 365. They're going to lose me Zimbra if they keep this garbage up.

95. Asking says:

Open-Xchange might be worth a try…

96. SIckOfMS says:

That link to the hotfix has no download. You have to contact MS to get the hotfix. This is getting out of hand.

97. Sascha says:

Is there any workarround or fix for the broken online archive names.

98. Asking says:

I heard it might be fixed with an Office patch in August.

99. Farhaz Hofman says:

I contacted Customer Service to obtain the Hotfix.

They told me the hotfix isn't available at this moment.

100. MS=Death says:

So what's the point of the hotfix article?

101. Cletus says:

Hotfix probably broke something else?

102. Asking says:

Nah, something like that would never happen to Microsoft.

I can confirm that the hfx is not available on the premier site.

103. Sahin Boluk says:

Reading your issue about the disclaimer transport rule, if we disable the existing rule and re-create a new one, we shouldn't have an issue?

104. Chuck says:

KB2859596 fix is available and has resolved our issue. Contact support if you need it.

105. w.buis@helmond.nl says:

Microsoft want's my creditcardnumber before they can sent me this hotfix !#$%$#!#$%**!!!

106. Prism says:

@Walter: So what? Don't you trust them? They are Americans…

107. Peter says:

Any solution to the error with the names of archives?

108. Patrick says:

I got the following error message when installing RU 1: Setup Wizard for Update Rollup 1 for Exchange Server 2010 Service Pack 3 (KB2803727) ended prematurely. Any ideas? I ran the setup with priviledged permissions, Forefront was disabled, SCOM was disabled, Execution Policies were all undefined… thx

109. js says:

Any update on transport service crash hotfix.

110. info@himura.it says:

Microsoft wrote me that the KB2859596 patch is not available.

111. EricB says:

Any update on the transport rules issue?

112. Ferdinand says:

Come on Exchange Team, what's the deal?

113. Sweeper says:

The Deal is obvious: Microsoft is looking for other bugs they can introduce into Exch2012 SP3 RU2 to further try and force people into office 365. What they don't realize is that some institutions in the security cluster, such as your defense forces, intelligence, police, etc. will never go cloud as they feel their information is safer having it with them on premise rather than with Microsoft or whoever! So, either Microsoft comes to the party and solve their mess or risk loosing huge client accounts, whom I know are already looking for something other than exchange. "Thanks MS – for your loyal support to your customers"

114. Guru says:

I am also facing the same problem. I don't have any transport rule for disclaimer but the mails which are terming poison are having sender address null and they are all NDRs from other domains.

How can this be handled for time being till MS releases RU2?

Regards,

Guru.

115. Dan Sheehan says:

It's Exchange2010-KB2870028_2859596-x64-en.msp

We are applying it now to try and resolve this issue and hopefully be able to flush the Poison queues so email doesn't get lost.

116. Jan says:

I can agree, there is an interim patch available from MS Support.

Should solve a) disclaimer rule issue and b) issues with transport rules general.

Works fine at the moment in testlab.

117. Tom says:

How do I get this patch??

"There is an iterim update available now from PSS that you can request through your support contacts.

It's Exchange2010-KB2870028_2859596-x64-en.msp"

I don't have any direct "support contacts"..

Thanks

118. info@himura.it says:

Hello.

Microsoft PSS wrote me that the patch Exchange2010-KB2870028_2859596-x64-en.ms is not available.

What is the correct procedure to request this interim patch?

Regards.

119. Nino Bilic says:

@Tom: you will need to open a support case for this, sorry. Note though that we do not charge for support cases that are for bugs.

@HimuraCC: If you have a support case and are not getting anywhere, please email me at ninobATMicrosoft dot com with the case number and I'll follow up.

120. Ferdinand says:

Nice to see a MS Team member respond to SOMEONE. Too bad they can't reply to others. WTF?

121. bkharmon1@hotmail.com says:

Just upgraded from SP1 to SP3 and then to Update Rollup 1. Happy to say I ran into zero issues. Well done!

122. RickG says:

We went from Exchange 2010 SP2 UR6 to SP3 UR1 and found that we would run into fatal installation error 1603 if we had the UR1 inside the updates folder within the installation folder.  If you run SP3 separate from UR1, the whole process works fine.

123. RickG says:

Got this today from an updated CAS server: "Watson report about to be sent for process id: 2388, with parameters: E12, c-RTL-AMD64, 14.03.0137.000, AirSync, M.Exchange.AirSync, M.E.A.W.AirSyncBlobXmlNode.set_InnerText, System.NotImplementedException, 7839, 14.03.0146.000."  Microsoft should probably look for "throw new NotImplementedException();" code before releasing it to the public.

124. charlieojs@msn.com says:

Just loaded the Hotfix KB2859596. To get it we simply opened a case with MS. Installed on two Exchange servers. Took 20 minutes. Re-enabled disclaimer. No issues, works just like PRE RU1.

Must uninstall hotfix prior to installing RU2 (scheduled for August). RU2 will have the disclaimer fix as well.

Charlie

125. John says:

That is very useful information, Charlie. Thank you for sharing. Looks like I'll just wait until RU2 (or, rather, a month or so after it's been out and all the bugs hopefully worked out). Not worth the hassle on 10 servers.

126. Marc K 4096 says:

@John: That's what I thought, too.  When SP3 came out, I thought I'd wait until a month after RU1 was released.  Now I'm waiting, like you, until a month after RU2 is released.  …at which point I'm afraid that I'll then be waiting until a month after RU3 is released.

127. webmaster@westminster.org.uk says:

We were previously running Exchange 2010 SP3 on RU1, and had no problems with online archive names. Now that we have migrated to Exchange 2013, this problem has appeared. It seems this issue is not limited to Exchange 2010.

128. Patrick M says:

Hi all, already any update for the issue on the transport rule?

129. EricB says:

Looks like they finally resolved the transport rule issue with today's Exchange 2010 SP3 RU2 support.microsoft.com/…/2866475

130. pdwa@hotmail.com says:

Just to let everyone know;

We installed RU2 in our test environment yesterday and can confirm it has fixed the disclaimer issue, Although it hasn't fixed the issue with archive folder names, of mailboxes that you have "Full Access Permission" to, being the same as your own archive folder.

I have re-opened our incident with Microsoft and am waiting on a response.

131. PissedOffAdmin says:

@DPW2807: They said that before. It's an Exchange bug fixed by an Office patch (Office 2010 SP2).

132. mhilberd@xs4all.nl says:

I am also waiting for a fix for the delegate Archive naming issue, so far I found what Ross Smith posted about this issue: "yes we did introduce a fix for E2010 SP3 RU2 that addresses the issue where delegate archive show the name of the primary mailbox owner.  However, a client side fix is also required, but I don't have information on when that is shipping." (source: http://tinyurl.com/oftlvyf)

Besides that, I found this information that was given by an MS support employee on the phone: "Our Product groups have identified the code fix needed and the ETA is August 2013, to be specific Outlook August 2013 hotfixes will carry the fix." (source: http://tinyurl.com/mpqvnoh)

So I guess that would make it safe to install UR2 if you already have UR1 with the problem, but if you do not have the problem yet, but are affraid to get it by installing UR2 (like me) it would be best to wait for the Outlook update…

133. mhilberd@xs4all.nl says:

@PissedOffAdmin

I did not know that fix should already be included in Office 2010 SP2. Can someone with the Archive naming problem confirm that this can be solved by installing Office 2010 SP2?

I do not have the Archive problem myself (this error and the transport rules problem prevented me from installing UR1, and now UR2). If both problems are fixed that would mean that we could install UR2 now (together with Office SP2 of course).

134. Peter says:

Only installing office 2010 sp2 does not correct the problem with the archive names.

135. MichielHilberdink says:

@Peter Thanks for checking and letting me know! Did you check it with UR2 installed? or UR1?

136. Peter says:

Installing office 2010 sp2 (at the client) and exchange 2010 sp2 ru2 (at a server in testenvirenmont) did not correct the archive names problem

137. MichielHilberdink says:

OK, that's too bad… Thanks for letting me/us know!

138. Adriaan says:

@Peter and Michiel: I did find this information:

Hotfix package for Outlook 2010: support.microsoft.com/…/2817574

Hotfix package for Outlook 2013: support.microsoft.com/…/2817503

The one for Outlook 2010 is available for download but the one for Outlook 2013 is no longer available because of an issue that affects the package installation….

Hope this is helpful for you.

139. Marc K says:

Does the online archive mailbox name problem affect Outlook 2007 or is it limited to Outlook 2010 and 2013?

140. Peter says:

Archive names problem:

it is solved in the following configuration:

Exchange 2010 SP3 RU2

Office 2010 SP2 with hotfix support.microsoft.com/…/2817574 (thanks to Adriaan)

It is not solved with only RU1.

Difference is: with RU2 the autodiscoverservice gives a new field SMTPOwnerAddress, this is used by Outlook 2010 (with the hotfix) to compose the archivename like: "Archive – SMTPOwnerAddress".

Outlook is not using the acrhive-displayname, it is also not possible to set the name via powershell on a archive.

141. MichielHilberdink says:

Peter & Adriaan, thanks for the update!

Comments are closed.