When I released the first version of this guide back in November 2010 I had no idea how many people were out there having problems with Jetstress testing. Over the last 5 months I have had the opportunity to work through and discuss some interesting cases with a number of you.
So I thought it was about time that I updated the guide with the lessons learned from those cases and to include some stuff that I had forgotten to include in the first release. I have also included some feedback from the internal Microsoft Jetstress community. Hopefully this has produced some more useful information and clarified some sections.
So, here is version 126.96.36.199.
- Updated for version 14.01.225.017 of Jetstress
- Added Exchange Server 2003 instructions
- Added more troubleshooting information
- Added guidance for running Jetstress on a production Exchange Server
- Included guidance for testing Raid Arrays
- Included information and guidance on Background Database Maintenance
- General corrections and clarity improvements
Lastly I want to thank everyone that contributed to this guide, from the Exchange product group, our partners and my Exchange colleagues out there in the real world, working at the sharp end every day – without the feedback from you all this guide would not be possible, so huge thanks to everyone and please keep the feedback coming!
You can download the updated whitepaper here.
Senior Consultant, MCS UK