Exchange CXP team has released Update Rollup 2 for Exchange Server 2010 RTM (KB 979611) to the download center.
KB 979611 lists all the fixes included in this rollup. Here are some of the product improvements and critical bug fixes we’d like to call out starting with a couple of IMAP improvements:
- KB 977633 This fixes IMAP4 clients ability to log on to their mailboxes if the mailboxes are located on Exchange 2003 backend servers and if the clients are connecting via Exchange 2010 CAS servers.
- KB 979480 IMAPid was not working correctly after moving a lot of users from one Exchange 2010 server to another*. IMAP4 users complained about the inbox not being updated any more. Old messages were still visible, but messages which were received after the mailbox move were not visible. The problem affected different IMAP Clients. The problem did not affect MAPI clients and OWA. Now it is fixed up.
*(Specifically this occurred in the situation with same DAG, now local storage instead of iSCSI storage, all servers are Exchange 2010 with Update Rollup 1 installed on Windows Server 2008 R2).
- KB 979431 When user migrated from Exchange Server 2003 to Exchange Server 2010, and that user connected via POP3, the POP3 service crashed. This was fixed up so it will not crash.
- KB 979563 Push Notifications didn’t work because Exchange Server 2010 was not sending SOAPAction header in the notify callback. This caused Exchange to receive a HTTP 500 response from the notification client and the webservice failed. Push notifications should now properly send that SOAP header.
- KB 980261 We fixed passive page patching when diagnostic tracing code was needed for forensic analysis that was generating a -1022 error case.
- KB 980262 Source side log copier errors are more gracefully handled when the log has a bad block and the read fails.
- KB 979566 Activesync proxy was failing for linked mailboxes in a CAS to CAS proxy scenario where the users token is serialized and sent in the request. When attempting to create the client security context from the SID, a AuthZException was thrown because we did not have access to the token information of the linked account, so now for this it no longer throws exceptions.
Only the English Rollup?
Customers may not install the rollup because they may feel that this should only be installed on an English Exchange Server. This was true for Exchange 2007 and is not true for Exchange 2010. When installing this rollup, the UI will be English and the “Add/Remove Programs” text will be English. We are expecting to release the other rollup installation language strings with the next rollup. We are finishing UI validation.
With Update Rollup 2 for Exchange Server 2010 RTM, we introduced a new parameter for the Set-ClientAccessServer cmdlet, CleanUpInvalidAlternateServiceAccountCredentials. Unfornately, the parameter cannot be used at this time. However the Set-ClientAccessServer cmdlet still functions with all other available parameters.
The cmdlet functions but not the parameter because of how RBAC works at the Organization\Enterprise level. The change functions as expected, except for this one issue. This issue blocks some functionality offered by this particular fix. We have a work around and we are currently performing testing and ensuring that we document it correctly. It will require running “Install-CannedRbacRoles” on one server after the rollup is installed. Once replication happens across the AD, the parameter will be available for use for the servers that have the rollup installed.
KB 979611 has more details about this release and a complete list of all fixes included in this rollup.