(Edit: 8/28/2009 -- Take another look-We've updated the link to the Exchange 2010 technical content. In this new location, you can now browse the Table of Contents, and F1 Help links in the RC1 build will function as expected.")
By now, you've heard that Exchange Server 2010 Release Candidate is feature complete and available for download. I wanted to highlight a few key tools that you have been asking for and some that you might not be aware about.
To help you get the most out of this version and help you get started in your evaluation of Exchange Server 2010, we're releasing the following complementary tools along with Exchange Server 2010 Release Candidate.
- Exchange Web Services Managed API (EwsAPI) - Looking to develop or migrate your current Exchange applications? See the new improvements to the interface for developing client applications that use Exchange Web Services. Download the API from here.
- Management Pack for Exchange Server 2010 (SCOM MP) - The Microsoft Exchange Server 2010 management pack is designed for monitoring Exchange Server 2010 events, collecting Exchange component-specific performance counters in one central location, and for raising alerts for operator intervention as necessary. You will need System Center Operations Manager 2007 SP1 or System Center Operations Manager 2007 R2 to run and monitor Exchange Server 2010 with this management pack.
- Exchange Server Remote Connectivity Analyzer - This tool enables you to test client connectivity and inbound email scenarios beforehand. Access this tool from here.
- Microsoft Exchange Server JetStress Tool for Exchange Server 2010 - This tool helps administrators verify the performance and stability of the disk subsystem before putting Exchange Server in a production environment.
- Microsoft Exchange Load Generator (LoadGen) for Exchange Server 2010 - This is a simulation tool to measure the impact of MAPI, OWA, IMAP, POP and SMTP clients on Exchange servers and it has been optimized for the newest version of the product.
For customers who tried downloading earlier, but were unable to, know that this has been resolved. You can download the Exchange Server 2010 Release Candidate from here.
Technical content on the Exchange Server 2010 Release Candidate can be found here.
Exchange Server 2010 Release Candidate video can be viewed here.
Hope this was useful!