Windows Server 2008 Service Pack 2 and Exchange Server 2007?

Now that we have released Windows Server 2008 Service Pack 2 (32 bit and 64 bit) - there were a few questions if Exchange 2007 can run / is supported on Windows 2008 SP2.

The answer is yes, Exchange 2007 is supported on Windows 2008 SP2. This will be also true for the upcoming Exchange 2007 SP2, when it releases.

- Nino Bilic

1. MadsD says:

It might not be supported in the x86 test environment, but I can confirm that Windows Server 2008 SP2 x86 and Exchange 2007 x86 trial seems to be working fine as well.

2. Michael Dragone says:

Anything we should watch out for when upgrading E12 machines to 2008 SP2?

3. Frank B says:

Good to know because we were deploying it anyway! :)

4. Mike Crowley says:

Michael D.

I was fairly ambitious and started installing Win2k8 SP2 on my E2k7 SP1 boxes 3 weeks ago and have not had any issues whatsoever in multiple customer and test environments.

5. Rodrigo Azevedo says:

Good news !!! Anybody know when the another languages is available for download ?

6. The amount of ppl installing things rightaway without proper testing and acceptance period(s) scare me :)

7. Dan D says:

@Michel – Some of us have too many things to do to have to test everything that the software vendor should have tested first anyways!  If you go to the extreme there’s certainly inefficiency at testing every single feature of every software package used in your environment.

Big shops may have a need or funds for this, but as you get smaller and/or more standardized/mainstream there are other pressures and variables.  Not that I never test, just saying there is a happy medium there.

8. psifur says:

Any additional features for Exchange 2007 running on Windows 2008 Sp2?

9. This is good news.

On the testing part, I agree with Dan D as I myself am subjected to such extremes but it wouldn’t hurt if MS would be more proactive in releasing this kind of news (unless I’m mistaken).

I’ve been googling for info since Win2k8 SP2 came out.

10. paul says:

Some guidance on whether or not Internet Explorer 8 is supported with Exchange 2007 if installed on the same server would be useful as well.

Comments are closed.