Exchange Server 2003 Intelligent Message Filter update

This is just a quick note that the regularly scheduled Exchange Server 2003 Intelligent Message Filter update that was set to be released on 1/7/2009 will not be happening. The next release for this update will be on 1/21/2009.

For those that might not know, this update is released on the first and third Wednesday of every month except for the month of December. December will see only a release during the first week of the month.

Thanks,

- Scott Roberts

1. jeremy says:

The last update I have listed on my server for the IMF is:  2008.11.27 (KB907747). Has one come out since then that I’ve somehow missed as my Microsoft Update isn’t showing any other updates available but that seems like ages from the end of November until January 21st?

Thanks,

Jeremy

2. Scott Roberts (Exchange) says:

Yes it is Jeremy. the Microsoft Update pipline is closed for 3 of those weeks for standard releases and the Exchange Build system is also shutdown.

3. RobK says:

Is there a direct link for the IMF updates?

4. Teo says:

Why there is no direct link to these updates ? Why it’s exclusively for Automatic windows Update ? We are already many users, that couldn’t take these updates automatically, so will be great that we can take these updates manually (from a direct link or something ). Any other solutions that Microsoft (or Microsoft blogers ) offer … didn’t work.

5. adam says:

Should we still be able to get the 2008.11.27 update from update.microsoft.com? When I try to do an update from our Exch 2k3 server it doesn’t list any updates for IMF available?

6. fr says:

Unfortunatly spam does not take a month off!  I hope you can reduce the number of missed updates in future, or at least get the first one out quicker in the new year.

7. Chris Keeble says:

To RobK / Adam:

You can get the last three IMF (Intelligent Message Filter) updates from the update catalogue at: http://catalog.update.microsoft.com/ (install the Active X control and then search for Intelligent Message Filter

To fr: The gap in IMF (Intelligent Message Filter) updates occurred in December 2006 / January 2007 as well (I am not sure about 2007 / 2008, although I suspect it did).

I hope that helps.

8. chriskeeble says:

To RobK / Adam:

I hope that helps.

Chris

9. adam says:

Thanks to Chris for the link, I’ve now got the update.

Comments are closed.