EDIT: This post was updated on 5/2/2008 to include links to international versions of new XML files.
We're happy to announce the release of the English version of an update to the Exchange Server 2007 SP1 Setup prerequisite check file. This update will allow you to install Exchange 2007 SP1 in a single-label domain (SLD). To read more history behind this, please go here.
Localized versions of this file will be available soon, and we'll update this blog post when they are available. Do not use the English version of the file if you are running a non-English version of Exchange 2007.
There are three scenarios in which this update can be used:
Installation on Internet connected computers:
1. Run Setup (from a file share etc.) and the XML update will be automatically downloaded, installed, and applied. If you are installing from Exchange 2007 SP1 DVD, please see the instructions below.
Installation on non-Internet connected computers:
1. Using an Internet connected computer:
- Download and extract Exchange 2007 SP1 to a local hard drive.
- Download and extract the applicable updated ExBPA.PreReqs.xml file listed below. Please note: We suggest that you right-click the link and select "Save target as..." as otherwise the XML file might open in your browser window.
- Chinese - Simplified
- Chinese - Traditional
- Save the file to your local hard drive. Note: Do not make any modifications to ExBPA.PreReqs.xml. Modifying this file will cause it to fail
- Locate ExBPA.PreReqs.xml which was extracted from the Exchange 2007 SP1 download. The default location is "Setup\ServerRoles\Common\<language>". Rename the original XML file to something else or save it to a different location.
- Replace the ExBPA.PreReqs.xml file which was extracted from the SP1 download with the updated ExBPA.PreReqs.xml file.
2. Copy the Exchange 2007 SP1 setup files that you have modified to the non-Internet connected Exchange Server which you are trying to upgrade to Exchange 2007 SP1.
3. Run Setup on the non-Internet connected computer by using the files you copied as per above.
If you are installing Exchange 2007 SP1 from the DVD media:
1. Copy the Setup files to the local hard drive. This step is necessary, because if Setup is run from a DVD, it will not check for an updated XML file. This applies to both Internet and non-Internet connected computers.
2. Follow the applicable directions from above, depending on if the computer is connected to the Internet or not.
For more information about the readiness check, see
Exchange Server 2007 SP1 Setup Wizard > Readiness Checks Page
- Ed Beck