Webcast: Preparing for DST – How to make the transition step-by-step

If you have been checking our DST Webcast page, you could see the following Webcast is coming up shortly:

Preparing for Daylight Saving Time: How To Make The Transition Step-by-Step
Event ID: 1032330844

Language(s): English.

Product(s): Exchange Server,Outlook,Windows.

Audience(s): IT Professional.

Duration: 90 Minutes

Start Date: Tuesday, February 20, 2007 12:00 PM Pacific Time (US & Canada)

Event Overview: Microsoft DST team members will walk through how to utilize the Windows, Exchange and Outlook updates and tools to help your business prepare for the transition to daylight saving time. A live question and answer session will be available during and after the presentation.

There should also be some discussion of the new tool version that we mentioned earlier.

- Nino Bilic

1. Robert says:

There is an extreme amount of confusion on the best way to prepare for the new DST changes. I’m very dissappointed with the last minute changes and hacks that MS has put together. I have to justify and support a game plan to my senior staff on how we are going to address this issue and potential risks. How can I do this confidently when information is incomplete, vague and continuly changing over the past few months? Thanks a lot. Hopefully the webcast step-by-step will clear up a lot of this fustration. However, I’m betting that it will not.

2. TC says:

Missed the live webinar, and can’t find it in the recorded section. Is it available to watch?

3. Ben says:

I completely agree with Robert’s comments.

Having to read 12 different documents – some with conflicting information, bad links to unrelated patches (KB for XP links to WindowsXP-KB884020-x86-enu.exe), and missing information (Using the Exchange update tool (Known issues section, tpoic conlicts with conference room assingments is missing steps to update resource mailboxes).

For as much as I pay for our Microsoft products I expected a more enterprise ready solution – what we are getting seems to have been created by a team of teenage garage hackers.

I also think that preparing for and addressing the issue earlier would have been a splendid idea.

No disrespect for those who put together what we did get, it’ll get the job done, but next time let’s do it like professionals…OK?

4. Janie says:

I ran the time zone extractions with version 1 tool — creating all my files to ready / prepare for processing the updates in minimum time.  However, version 2 doesn’t seem to run against the version 1 data correctly.  (If I uninstall ver 2, and reinstall ver 1 — Tool version 1 runs against the data correctly).  Is this normal behavior, or do I need to research my issue further (e.g., maybe a different column order in the extracted "mailbox_1.txt" file)?

Also, I was disappointed to now see with version 2 the KB article recommends the server patches be applied AFTER the Exchange Tool.  This is different than all prior documents I have read.  Can you please confirm this to be correct?  I hate to unpatch, and then repatch the servers if unnecessary.

Lastly — the version 2 seems to want a "local to server" mailbox with full "send as" rights (unlike requirement with version 1).  Am I reading that correctly?

Kind regards! –janie

5. Chris says:

I also echo Janie’s concerns about the recent version of 930789 tells tpo patch exchange (926666) AFTER running the tool. This goes against the recent webinar and just about all other documentation.

Any insight would be much appreciated

6. ali says:

When will the latest webcasts be available via on-demand?

7. Exchange says:

On the recorded previous webcast:

This should become available within a day or two… however there is another session of this tomorrow:

Preparing for daylight saving time: How to make the DST transition step-by-step
    Tuesday, February 27 – To register, visit:

8. Jennifer says:

I’d love to see one of these webinars earlier int he day (eastern)

I keep missing these later ones…

9. Richard says:

Why isn’t anyone mentioning this method:

• To set the computer not to change the system clock for daylight saving time, click to clear the Automatically adjust clock for daylight saving changes check box, and then click OK.

Comments are closed.