We run into the following two questions every so often:
"I have a non-English server, and when I run ExBPA on it (English version), it produces a report that is not in English; any way that I can make ExBPA create reports in English?"
The answer to that is yes... the way to do it is to run exbpa.exe from the command line and include the parameter "/cu EN-US". That will get you the US English report no matter which language the server is.
"I already have an ExBPA report in (some language other than English). Any way I can get this report to show in English?"
The answer to that too is yes... but this one is a bit more complicated:
1. You need to make sure that your version of ExBPA.Config.xml is directly compatible with the output file. You can accomplish this in 2 ways:
- if the scan you want to reprocess is already in the select scan list, it will show you the config version number that was used to create the output file there
- open the output file in notepad and look at the first two lines to see which Config XML was used for the collection
Let's say the config version was 188.8.131.52. So, you need to make sure that the installed version of ExBPA.Config.xml is the same version. Just click the About... link in the left hand ExBPA frame, and it'll tell you.
2. Import the scan in question into ExBPA without holding any keys down.
3. Now quit and restart the tool. As the output XML will be in memory, if you attempt any re-processing operations, you'll still see the same old content. Restarting the tool will flush the cache. Alternatively, you can accomplish the same thing by viewing a different scan, and then going back and reviewing the scan you want to convert (this assumes you have more than one scan in your list).
4. So, now after restarting ExBPA, you can go back and look at the list of scans, and this time hold down the Shift key when clicking "View a report of this scan" (choose the scan you want to reprocess). Reprocessing should now take place and the output will be in your local language.
Note that you can circumvent steps 2 and 3 by dropping the output XML directly into the ExBPA data directory (usually C:\Documents and Settings\<user>\Application Data\Microsoft\ExBPA).