Tech-Ed bling

At Tech-Ed, we gave away about a bajillion (give or take a few) of buttons with various phrases on them, like "OWA ROX" or "I GOT UM":

If you'd like to buy any of your own, they're up on our cafepress store, in both button and magnet form.

At Tech-Ed, ten lucky customers walked away with buttons that said "AWW YEAH"... I never actually meant to give those out, actually, I just made them for some folks on the team and forgot to separate them out when I shipped the boxes to Tech-Ed. Oops! Apparently a few people thought that there was a contest and if you got a button with a certain phrase you'd win something... that's a great idea, wish I'd thought of it in advance.

So I figured that I'd take the opportunity here: if any of the people who got the "AWW YEAH" buttons read this, take a picture of you wearing the button and send it to me along with your snail mail address (kclemson at microsoft dot com), and I'll send you some Exchange swag. :-)

- KC Lemson

1. One of my favorites is "I GET-EXCMD"… :-) It’s as cool as "You had me at EHLO" – not everyone will understand…

2. lee says:

Awww man!  I think I have most of the buttons, but not the one that counts!  O’well.

3. KC Lemson says:

Christian – Me too! I just came up with that one last night, I didn’t actually make them for tech-ed, but I was kicking myself for not thinking about it beforehand, the sysmgmt team was miffed that I didn’t have anything for them :-) I am still trying to think of a good one for the GUI, though… any ideas?

– KC

4. Matt says:

"AWW YEAH" buttons?   Are you Glenn Beck fans?

5. lee says:

Don’t know how many letters you’re limited to…

EMCSGR8

EMCPWRGUI

UNVEMC

EMCISGUINV

EXGUINV

1GUINOW8

INOV8VGUI

INOV8VEMC

6. kclemson says:

Lee – thanks for the ideas. I chose a modified version: http://www.cafepress.com/ehlo.63167207

7. Vlad Mazek says:

These were a hit at TechEd, absolutely every last one of them was taken (sans the TAP ones). By Friday morning all that was left was a "small" Exchange 2007 shirt and a box of staplers.

-Vlad "Am I wearing enough Flare?" Mazek

8. Chris Haaker says:

What if you got the one with the Exchange 12 logo on it? :)

Also, next year bring Exchange shirts for all of us, not just the TAP participants please! I was drooling over the cool white Exchange 12 shirts!

9. kclemson says:

I would have liked to, but those things are pretty expensive! There were over 1000 people at Terry’s E2K7 overview session, that’s a whooole lotta shirts.

Comments are closed.