Job Title: Engineering Services Management (Engineering Manager) 146868
Job Category: IT Operations
Product: Not product specific
Location: WA - Redmond
Effective leadership of the Exchange team, with clear communication and management by example. This is a hands-on working position as part of the team.
· Performance reviews and training planning for FTEs
· Initiate and drive evolutionary change that has been designed to improve efficiency and customer satisfaction with the service
· Provide technical engineering and consultative services to IT operational staff, service managers and program managers; and recommend optimal, cost-effective security solutions that will allow IT to meet its current “Secure.” initiative.
· Lead the team to design complex engineering solutions covering technical aspects such as end-to-end integration, platform architecture, scalability and availability; and that enhance the security, performance, reliability, stability and administration of IT’s messaging and environment.
· Ensure that the team designs new security solutions that meet current and future complex security needs.
· Help to drive documentation of architectural designs for messaging solutions, considering deployment constraints and dependencies, topologies, hardware specifications, server configurations, capacity planning, availability, performance, administration processes, operational metrics, network impacts & client impacts.
· Provide technical consultative services to the IT operational staff, messaging service managers and program managers; and recommend optimal, cost-effective solutions that will allow IT to meet its current deployment priorities.
· Create architectural design documents that detail current and proposed security solutions, including topologies, server configuration, security risk assessments, administration processes, operational metrics, network and client impacts, and deployment constraints & dependencies.
- 8+ yrs of relevant experience
- Must have worked on implementing Exchange 2000, 2003 etc.
- Must have knowledge of Active Directory
- MCSE, Bachelors degree in computer science or related
- Must have worked in an environment with at least 5k seats
If interested, please email your resume to staffgts AT microsoft DOT com or submit your resume through the Microsoft Careers site: www.microsoft.com/careers/search (select “engineering services management” for “job Title” & “WA – Redmond” for “location”).
- The Exchange Team