Operations Manager (Messaging and Collaboration)
Microsoft IT Messaging and Collaboration team has an excellent opportunity based in
You'll need a degree (preferably Computer Science), 6+ months man-management experience, a solid technical background (Win2k3, and ideally but not essentially Exchange, Sharepoint, MOM) and the desire and passion to drive World Class Operations.
Please send resumes and covering letters to gbaxter AT microsoft DOT com.
Program Manager (Document Lifecycle Management)
Looking for a position where you're at the center of the action, where you apply breakthrough technology, and where you manage the deployment of the next generation of document lifecycle management products that will have a significant impact on how Microsoft users manage their data in the future? Are you up to the challenge of taking the helm of a major product deployment and driving communications between all teams? If this is you, come join a team on the leading edge of Document Lifecycle Management technology.
The Program Manager (PM) is a key position in our rapidly evolving environment. As a member of the Microsoft IT Messaging and Collaboration (MACS) team, you will drive the internal deployment of the next generation of document lifecycle products and compel improvements to be made to related products. These products will make it easier than ever for Microsoft IT to manage the company's corporate intellectual assets and data.
Core Job Responsibilities:
• Responsible for the global implementation (project scope definition and planning through delivery) of email and document Lifecycle Management technology.
• Coordinate with internal and vendor operations support teams, Corporate Records Management and Legal & Corporate Affairs to establish processes to support the technology.
• Manage the work of cross-functional teams implementing the technology which involves multiple components, interfaces and user groups.
• Provide expertise in the development of complex business processes.
• Communicate business problems, alternatives and project strategy to work group, project team and user groups.
• Balance user requirements with technical and budget constraints.
• Administrative responsibilities include:
• Prepare project schedule
• Track project progress and manage schedule
• Negotiate vendor contracts
• Estimate project cost
• Track project actuals to budget
Qualified candidates please send the resumes to leeannp AT microsoft DOT com.
Program Manager (E-mail Edge Services)
The Microsoft IT Messaging team has a great opportunity in Redmond, WA for someone who is interested in being a key part of the dogfooding process for the next version of Exchange and delivering the most mission critical user productivity service internally at Microsoft! We need a strong Program Manager to drive the world-wide deployment of critical aspects of Microsoft's internal Messaging service, including Anti-Spam, Anti-Virus, Secure Email, Message Policies, and Rights Management Services. The new Exchange 12 Edge components are still in the pre-beta timeframe, so it’s an exciting time to join the team and have the opportunity to deploy cutting edge technology in a manner that ensures it’s the best product possible for Microsoft and our customers.
Core Job Responsibilities:
· Responsible for the global implementation (project scope definition and planning through delivery) of Exchange Edge and Rights Management Services.
· Act as the primary IT liaison with the Exchange and RMS product groups.
· Manage the work of cross-functional teams implementing the technology which involves multiple components, interfaces and groups.
· Balance requirements with technical and budget constraints.
· Prepare project plan and track progress against the schedule and budget
Candidates should have the following skills and qualifications:
· Minimum of 3-5 years experience in Project/Program management in a technical environment
· IT Operations: experience in infrastructure operations processes, implementation, and ongoing service delivery
· BS/BA in Computer Science, engineering, business or related field or the equivalent in work experience
· Exceptional people, leadership, written and oral communication skills
· Must also have superior drive for results, problem solving, negotiation, budgeting, decision-making skills, & the ability to work under continual deadline pressure.
· Must have excellent understanding of software architectures, MS products, & software lifecycle methodology
· Expertise in one or more of the following technical areas is preferred: Exchange Server 2003, Windows Server 2003, SQL Server 2000 and MS Excel including Pivot Tables
Qualified candidates please send the resumes to djustus AT Microsoft DOT com