Do you want to be a leader on a team shaping the future of the next generation email messaging and collaboration applications? We need a strong messaging engineer with leadership skills to architect, design, optimize and engineer the next generation messaging deployments. The primary role of this position is to demonstrate thought leadership, creativity, and results by designing, and engineering systems and software to perform large scale systems deployment and working on a multi-team effort chartered with achieving one of Microsoft's top IT initiatives, partnering with the product group to help define and deploy both current and future messaging technologies. Cross group work is important as you will work with the product units, research, and other groups to understand scenarios and drive components to provide designs that are reflective of real-world user behaviors in a complex email ecosystem.
Messaging Engineer role will participate as a key member of an engineering/operations team focused on Microsoft's internally deployed Messaging Services. The position involves providing operational expertise to Microsoft's next generation e-mail and collaboration platforms. This role works closely and consults with the product development and test teams, during both pre-release product cycles and post-launch operations to ensure the highest quality of service. You will provide technical engineering support for the implementation, integration, and evolution of complex systems architectures; design and maintain support strategies; architect, implement and maintain Server Management documentation; provide application performance monitoring specs, tuning and optimization tactics; and provide technical expertise for resolving critical production systems issues. You will provide systems statistical trending and analysis, server capacity and threshold testing, systems documentation maintenance, and the analysis and evaluation of new systems designs and technical strategies. You will mentor the Tier 2 and 3 Operations staff through basic troubleshooting documentation and training, and evolve the overall level of systems expertise of the group. Your desire to improve, evolve and revolutionize the systems and processes you are exposed to will drive towards our goal of 99.99% service availability.
- Designs/documents/implements complex collaborative messaging services on a world wide basis.
- Participates in defining long term collaboration strategies for enterprise services, lab testing, and piloting and supporting products and technologies
- Analyzes, recommends, and implements complex integrated equipment and services according to established analysis processes.
- Responsible for the logical and physical design (architecture) of the underlying technology platforms.
- Provide post-production support & trouble shooting for applications as needed.
Works collaboratively with program management, test, and performance teams to meet schedules and deliver stable, and manageable, high quality technology solutions.
- Communicates complex technical information and procedures with IT customers, team members, mid-management and other analysts.
- Proactively evaluates and reengineers our service to ensure optimal operation and best practices and/or policy compliance within scope.
- 4 or more years Microsoft Exchange Server and Windows OS experience in an operations/production environment.
- Experience leading engineering projects, teams, and initiatives with two or more other individuals.
- Strong experience with Exchange Technologies, architecture and principles
- Extensive knowledge of client/server architecture and ability to analyze, design and architect IT systems; Strong communication, critical thinking, documentation, and problem solving skills are required.
- A BA/BS degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience is preferred. MCSE+ certification or commensurate related experience is preferred.
EDIT: The position has been filled. Thank you for your interest!
- The Exchange Team