Tired of switching windows between Exchange System Manager, Event Viewer, Active Directory Users and Computers and whatever else you use to manage your Exchange environment?
Just slap them all in one custom MMC window:
- Start by opening a blank MMC Console (Start – Run – type ‘MMC’ – Enter)
- On the File Menu choose Add/Remove SnapIn.
- On the Add/Remove Snapin screen click the Add button. You’ll get a list of Snapins to choose from.
- Add as many as you want. I’m going to add ADUC, ESM, Event Viewer, and Services in my example below.
- When you’re done, make sure to save your new custom console. I pin a link to my start menu and/or put a shortcut on my desktop for easy access.
Now you can expand/collapse the tree on the left to show as much or little as you need at any one given time. Alt-Tab-b-gone!