I ordered my XBox 360 form Amazon at the start of September, and it arrived the other day. I haven't tried it on the big TV yet (still running a CRT so no dreams of HD for me, at least for a few months yet) but I want to put it in my study so that I can watch TV from the Media Centre PC installed in the lounge and so that I can play games on my LCD monitor in the study.
- The power supply is *huge* - 12v, 16.5A!
- The box itself is much heavier and more solid than you think it looks
- The media centre extender functionality is very cool - the TV tuner in the Media Centre PC streams the live video content over the network really well
- Halo2 is every bit as good on the 360 as it is on the XBox "classic" - I never even bothered with the original Halo2 game, but playing Live is just too good
- All I need to do now is find somewhere that has a VGA cable in stock (I'm currently viewing on a portable telly) and to actually get some 360 games for it!
I picked up a copy of Project Gotham Racing 3 today, having ordered it about 3 weeks ago. Trouble is, I'm now going to be away from home for the rest of this week so I'll just have to wait until the weekend to see how good it really is...