In order to follow up on our promise to provide you with more Project Server 2010 role guide content, we are pleased to announce the recent publish of the Microsoft Project Server 2010 Project Manager’s Guide for Project Web App. Much like the Project Server 2010 Administrator’s Guide that we released earlier this year, this guide was created with great consideration given to the great customer feedback we’ve received. In putting together this guide, our writing team addressed the three big asks customers had for this content:
- It is graphical. We’ve Included a lot of screenshots of the user interface, making it easier to see where you are at within a procedure.
- It is customizable. We have it in Microsoft Word format to make it easier for customers to customize parts of the guide to train their own users.
- It is downloadable in .docx, .pdf, and .xps file formats. Feel free to print it off and read it at your convenience.
The Microsoft Project Server 2010 Project Manager’s Guide for Project Web App provides detailed information about how to use Microsoft Project Web App (PWA) to work with Microsoft Project Server 2010 data and to perform project management-related tasks. This guide helps project managers in your organization to better understand elements of project management in PWA, such as projects, resources, tasks, approvals, updates, and notifications. It includes many step-by-step procedures and accompanying user-interface screen shots of Project Web App. It is important to note that although Microsoft Project Professional 2010 can be used with Project Server 2010 to perform many project management tasks, this guide only covers procedures done through PWA.
The Microsoft Project Server 2010 Project Manager’s Guide to Project Web App contains the following seven chapters:
- Chapter 1, “Navigating Project Web App”
- Chapter 2, “Managing projects in Project Web App”
- Chapter 3, “Managing resources”
- Chapter 4, “Managing task updates”
- Chapter 5, “Managing issues, risks, and documents”
- Chapter 6, “Managing status reports”
- Chapter 7, “Configuring e-mail notifications and reminders”
File size: approximately 3 MB