In light of the recent malware news, a couple of my colleagues put together a list of Exchange Online resources. This list is by no means definitive or complete, it is just a place to start when thinking about configuration options in Exchange Online Protection.
- EOP Best practices: includes how to create rules for extension blocking
- Use rules to block executable content
- Report any undetected malware to Microsoft
- Review information about Zero Hour Auto Purge (ZAP) (enabled by default for cloud mailboxes)
- Configure the anti-malware policy
- Utilize Advanced Threat Protection for safe links and safe attachments scanning
- More context and best practices around blocking executables from our Anti-Spam Product Manager, Terry Zink
- Educate end users around phishing
Stay safe out there!