Happy Friday! Today, we are announcing the release of update 1604 for Technical Preview. New features in this update include:
- Windows Store for Business integration – You can now manage and deploy applications purchased through the Windows Store for Business portal for both online and offline licensed apps. You can also view a video walkthrough of this feature. There is a known issue that prevents on boarded applications from the Windows Store for Business from appearing in the Configuration Manager console. Please run this PowerShell script after updating to Technical Preview 1604 to resolve it.
- Passport for Work policies – You can now deploy Passport for Work policies to domain-joined Windows 10 PCs managed by the ConfigMgr client as well as mobile devices managed by Microsoft Intune.
- On-premises Health Attestation Service integration – You can now configure devices that cannot connect to the cloud-based Health Attestation Service to connect with the on-premises Health Attestation Service instead.
- VPN for Windows 10 – You can now deploy VPN profiles with 3rd-party providers to Windows 10 devices managed with ConfigMgr client. These providers include Pulse Secure, F5 Edge, Dell SonicWall, and Checkpoint.
- Software Updates Compliance dashboard – You can now use this dashboard to view the current compliance status of devices in your organization and quickly analyze the data to see which devices are at risk.
- Client Cache Settings and Peer Cache – Technical Preview 1604 introduces two new device client settings that affect the use of a client’s cache. Both can be used individually but are configured on the same property sheet for client settings and combine to help you manage deployment of content to your clients in remote locations.
This release also includes a new feature for customers using System Center Configuration Manager integrated with Microsoft Intune to manage mobile devices:
- New setting for Android devices – You now have an option to configure Smart Lock setting for Android 5.X devices in order to prevent users from bypassing the lock screen.
In addition, we updated the baseline version of Configuration Manager Technical Preview available on TechNet Evaluation Center. Now it is based on the Technical Preview build 1603. Baseline bits are used for new installations.
Please let us know what you think about the latest Technical Preview! To provide feedback or report any issues with the functionality included in this Technical Preview, please use Connect. If there’s a new feature or enhancement you want us to consider including in future updates, please use the Configuration Manager UserVoice site.
The System Center Configuration Manager team
Configuration Manager Resources:
Documentation for System Center Configuration Manager Technical Previews
Documentation for System Center Configuration Manager
System Center Configuration Manager Forums
System Center Configuration Manager Support