System Center Configuration Manager (ConfigMgr) Technical Previews allow you to try new features in your test environment and provide us with valuable feedback about your experience. Today, we are excited to release update 1602, our latest Technical Preview. New features that are available in this update include:
- Windows 10 Team configuration settings
- Automatic creation of Microsoft Office mobile apps for iOS and Android – Microsoft Office mobile apps for iOS and Android are pre-created for customers using ConfigMgr integrated with Microsoft Intune
- Sync Policy button – The new Sync Policy button lets you run the Machine Policy Retrieval & Evaluation Cycle and User Policy Retrieval & Evaluation Cycle with a click of a button. Find it in the Software Center options tab under Computer Maintenance
- In-place upgrade of ConfigMgr Site Server’s operating system – Support for ConfigMgr Site Server’s in-place upgrade of operating system from Windows Server 2008 R2 to Windows Server 2012 R2
- iOS Activation Lock management – Capabilities including enabling, querying for the status, retrieving bypass codes, and performing an Activation Lock bypass on corporate-owned iOS devices
We’re looking forward to hearing what you think about this latest preview! To provide feedback or report any issues with the functionality included in this Technical Preview, please use Connect. If there’s a new feature or enhancement you want us to consider including in future updates, please use the Configuration Manager UserVoice site.
The System Center Configuration Manager team
Configuration Manager Resources:
Documentation for System Center Configuration Manager Technical Previews
Documentation for System Center Configuration Manager
System Center Configuration Manager Forums
System Center Configuration Manager Support
This posting is provided “AS IS” with no warranties and confers no rights.