Hello everyone, this is Pavithra Thiruvengadam from the Azure RemoteApp team. I am writing to let you know that Operational Management Suite (OMS) or OpsInsight is supported with the Azure RemoteApp (ARA) service.
ARA customers have repeatedly asked for a way to monitor and visualize performance counters of the VMs in their ARA deployment. OMS has a feature that collects Near-Real Time (NRT) performance data, which can be integrated with ARA. With this integration comes the capability for our customers to collect any performance counter with a sampling interval as small as 10 seconds, and visualize any of the metrics that helps them troubleshoot performance issues on ARA VMs.
Some key scenarios where this would come into play are:
- For customers who want to tune their image and deployment for specific LOB app performance.
- For customers who are trying to decide on billing plans based on in-session performance.
- For customers who want to troubleshoot in-session performance after deployment.
For more information on OMS and this particular capability, please visit the Operations Management Suite team blog: http://blogs.technet.com/b/momteam/archive/2015/09/01/near-real-time-performance-data-collection-in-oms.aspx
Regarding the actual integration and usage of OMS with ARA, one of our MVPs, Arjan Vroege, has documented the detailed steps and usage information in his blog:
- Monitor your Azure RemoteApp environment with OpInsight – Part 1: http://www.vroege.biz/?p=1415#more-1415
- Monitor your Azure RemoteApp environment with OpInsight – Part 2: http://www.vroege.biz/?p=1448#more-1448
- Monitor your Azure RemoteApp environment with OpInsight – Part 3: http://www.vroege.biz/?p=1483
- Monitor your Azure RemoteApp environment with OpInsight – Part 4: http://www.vroege.biz/?p=1529
In summary, the integration of OMS with ARA VMs will help customers who want to monitor all their VMs, including other VMs in their VNET that are not part of ARA, in one place.
We hope it enables admins to better manage and troubleshoot their app performance on Azure RemoteApp. Your feedback is important to us, and we look forward to continue improving your organization’s Azure RemoteApp experience.
Note: Questions and comments are welcome. However, please DO NOT post a request for troubleshooting by using the comment tool at the end of this post. Instead, post a new thread in the Azure RemoteApp discussion forum.