In part 2 of my great conversation with Scott Guthrie, we tackle some more important topics:
- How many red polos does Scott have in his closet?
- What did Scott foresee himself doing back when he was studying computer science 20 years ago?
- What is the biggest change MSFT has made in its engineering teams over the last 2 years?
- Why did MSFT change its success metrics from revenue to usage?
- Scott’s roll working with Sony after last year’s hack.
We also dig in on weighing the ongoing cost of dealing with the fallout from a breach vs. the costs of enterprise-grade, as well as the need for organizations to be realistic about the statistical likelihood of successful phishing attacks (even here at MSFT!). There’s also a detailed discussion about why (and how) MSFT chose to develop a security solution built on a multi-layered, defense-in-depth architecture.
Several of these topics are covered while we’re stopped at one of the longest red lights in recent memory.
You can subscribe to these videos here.