This demo shines a long overdue light on the bane of networks everywhere: Shadow IT.
IT Pros can use this feature to discover all the cloud apps in use within their organization – and, as of today, this awesome feature of Azure Active Directory is generally available.
How this helps:
The infrastructural blind spots caused by Shadow IT make organizations more vulnerable to data leakage as well as more exposed to malicious intrusions and compromised identities. Cloud App Discovery helps IT discover these apps and bring them under IT control.
I’ve met with hundreds of organizations over the last year, and every single one of them has underestimated the number of cloud apps in their network – usually by a factor of at least ten! The average enterprise guestimates that their users are using between 30-40 SaaS apps, but what we are seeing with Cloud App Discovery is that there are 300+ SaaS apps at use in the average enterprise.
End users are increasingly adopting useful new cloud applications in order to be more productive and collaborative, but IT is often unaware of these apps. This is a huge problem. It’s a problem that Cloud App Discovery solves.
Cloud App Discovery allows end-users to keep using the tools they love while adhering to IT policy.
Why you need this in your life:
I have five good reasons why you need Cloud App Discovery right now – it enables IT to:
- Discover the SaaS apps in use within your organization.
- Measure the usage of these apps by number of users, volume of traffic, or number of web requests to that app.
- Identify which specific users are using an app.
- Export data for additional analytics.
- Prioritize the apps brought under IT control and then integrate those apps with Azure AD to enable Single Sign-on and user management.
What you’ll need to get started:
- Because Cloud App Discovery is a premium feature of Azure Active Directory in EMS, your organization will need an Azure AD premium subscription.
- Cloud App Discovery works through the deployment of an endpoint agent, thus customers can deploy these agents to Windows machines in their organization using tools like SCCM or Group Policy.
Get to work!
- If you have EMS or Azure AAD, experience it today.
- If you don’t have EMS or Azure AAD, sign up for a trial.