We will be releasing the next service update for Microsoft Intune between February 6, 2015 and February 11, 2015. New Intune standalone (cloud only) features that will be made available as part of this service update include:
- Management of the Office Mobile app (access, view, and edit Word, Excel, and PowerPoint documents) for Android phones
- Management of the OneNote app for iOS devices. Management of Office mobile apps (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) on iOS devices made available in December 2014
- Ability to browse and install apps on Windows Phone 8.1 devices using Intune Company Portal website
- Deployment of WiFi profiles for Windows devices using XML import and Windows Phone devices using OMA-URI (deployment of WiFi profiles currently supported for iOS and Android devices)
- Support for Cisco AnyConnect per-app VPN configurations for iOS devices
- Ability to require encryption on Windows 8.1 (x86) devices
- Ability to set minimum classification of platform updates to be installed automatically on Windows 8.1 (x86) devices
Additionally, you can expect conditional access capabilities for SharePoint Online and OneDrive for Business to be made available over the next few weeks.
We plan to continue to deliver new features to Microsoft Intune on a monthly basis and look forward to sharing more information on this blog about our upcoming plans. Be sure to bookmark this blog or subscribe to the RSS feed to stay up-to-date on all of the exciting capabilities coming soon to Intune. Also, make sure to stay tuned to the ConfigMgr blog to learn when these new capabilities will be made available to customers using System Center Configuration Manager integrated with Intune.
- Register for upcoming webinar on managing mobile apps
- Find technical resources in the TechNet library
- Sign up for a free trial of Microsoft Intune
- Follow us on Twitter and Facebook
Note: To see the specific timeframe for when your tenant will be updated, please visit the Microsoft Intune status page. You can identify the Service Instance that your Intune subscription is running on by opening your Intune administration console, clicking on the Admin tab and then selecting View Service Status. Your Service Instance will be displayed at the top of this page.