[Today’s post is from the Configuration Manager Writing Team]
The Configuration Manager 2007 documentation library (http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb680651.aspx) has been updated on the Web with updates for April. Topics that were updated have Updated: April 1, 2011 at the top of the topic.
You will see updates to the supported configuration information, including support for SQL Server 2005 SP4, Windows 7 SP1, and Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1, and a number of updates made as a result of customer feedback.
We’ve also created a new topic, Configuration Manager 2007 Quizzes, which provides information and links to the downloadable quizzes and new web-based quizzes.
Although we can’t promise to make the docs perfect for everybody, we are committed to continual improvement. So, keep that feedback coming, and feel free to contact us about anything related to the documentation by using our usual address of SMSDocs@Microsoft.com.
And if you’re interested in learning more about Configuration Manager 2012 (Beta 2 announced last month) be sure to check out the new Configuration Manager 2012 Documentation Library.
What’s New in the Configuration Manager 2007 Documentation Library for April 2011
The following information lists the topics that contain significant changes since the January 2011 update.
– Updated to add support statements for SQL Server 2005 SP4, and support for Windows 7 SP1 and Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1.
– Updated to add a support statement for the Application Virtualization 4.6 SP1 Desktop Client for the Application Virtualization Client for Remote Desktop Services.
– Updated to include a link to the installation files for Microsoft Core XML Services (MSXML) version 6.0.
– Updated to clarify that Configuration Manager 2007 R3 includes all the features from Configuration Manager 2007 R2.
– Updated with the best practice that fewer than 500 software updates are added to a single software update deployment. This information has also been added to About Software Update Deployments and About Software Update Deployment Packages.
– Updated to the /config:<configuration file> installation property.
– Updated with information about using SQL Reporting Services using SQL Server versions later than SQL Server 2005. This information is also in How to Configure Microsoft SQL Server for SQL Reporting Services.
– Updated to include information about how to enter values for desired configuration management in the One Of field. This information is also in Setting Properties: Validation Tab and Object Properties: Validation Tab.
– Updated to clarify that if a client is a member of multiple collections with different policy polling intervals, it will use the shortest configured polling interval or the site-wide policy polling interval if this is shorter.
– Updated with a link to Frequently Asked Questions for Software Distribution that contains more information about the temporary program download folder.
– Updated to clarify that software metering information is collected only after the software metering rule has been created and activated.
– Updated to clarify that the Configuration Manager client must be reinstalled to upgrade an international client pack installation. This information is also clarified in Designing the International Client Pack (ICP) Deployment.
– Updated to include revised command lines for running the script that disables Windows Embedded write filters.
This posting is provided “AS IS” with no warranties and confers no rights.