[Today’s post is provided by the Configuration Manager Writing Team]
The Configuration Manager documentation library (http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb680651.aspx) has been updated on the Web and the latest content on the Web has Updated: April 1, 2010 at the top of the topic.
Additionally, the Configuration Manager 2007 SP2 Release Notes are updated to clarify which versions of 64-bit Windows Server 2008 are subject to a known issue when using WAIK 2.0 for operating system deployment.
This month’s updates incorporate customer feedback and updates to the supported configurations documentation. There are fewer updates than usual because we’ve been busy with MMS preparation, Configuration Manager 2007 R3 Beta, and Configuration Manager v.Next Beta 1!
We do value customer feedback and try to incorporate it when possible. Although we can’t promise to make the docs perfect for everybody, we are committed to continual improvement. So, keep that feedback coming, and feel free to contact us about anything related to the documentation by using our usual address of SMSDocs@Microsoft.com.
What’s New in the Configuration Manager Documentation Library for April 2010
The following information lists the topics that contain significant changes since the March 2010 update.
Configuration Manager 2007 General Supported Configurations
– Updated with the clarification that IPv6 is supported, unless specifically stated otherwise by individual feature prerequisites. This support is not new and was previously noted in What’s New in Configuration Manager 2007.
Configuration Manager 2007 Supported Configurations
Configuration Manager 2007 SP1 Supported Configurations
Configuration Manager 2007 SP2 Supported Configurations
Configuration Manager 2007 R2 Supported Configurations
– Updated with the information previously blogged: Configuration Manager Support Announcements for March 2010.
Deploying the Web Server Certificates to Site System Servers
– Updated the Note information about how to specify more than one FQDN in the certificate Subject Alternative Name (SAN) with the new documentation How to Request a Certificate With a Custom Subject Alternative Name. For more information, see Documentation Announcement: How to Request a Certificate with a Custom Subject Alternative Name.
How to Deploy an Operating System Image to a New Computer Using Boot Media
– Updated with the information that you must specify the default management point for new computers during PXE operating system deployment.
How to Capture an Image from a Reference Computer by Using Capture Media
– Updated to clarify that Administrator rights are required to capture an operating system image from a reference computer.
Troubleshooting General Operating System Deployment Issues
– Updated with a known issue and workaround for lost user settings when migrating from Windows XP to Windows 7 and you use the User State Migration Tool.
How to Update Package Data on Distribution Points
– Updated to correct what happens when you update package data.
This posting is provided “AS IS” with no warranties and confers no rights.