This year at TechEd North America 2009 our very own Wally Mead will be presenting a pre-conference session on Configuration Manager. As many of you know, TechEd is Microsoft’s premier technical education and networking conference. Session details are below and we encourage you to attend.
Interested in deploying Configuration Manager in your environment? Need to learn how to configure a new installation to manage your clients and servers? Then join Wally Mead, well known in the industry for his deep expertise and long history in the Systems Management business, for an all-day demonstration build-out of the latest release of Configuration Manager. In this packed day of content, learn from Wally as he uses a virtual lab environment to install and configure Configuration Manager, as well as exercise the key features of the product.
- Preparing Active Directory for integration with Configuration Manager.
- Installing Configuration Manager.
- Configuring the site to manage clients.
- Deploying clients.
- Viewing discovery and inventory data.
- Deploying software to clients utilizing maintenance windows and branch distribution points.
- Deploying software updates to clients.
- Evaluating compliance for application installation, operating system version, and software update installation.
- Remotely controlling clients.
- Deploying Windows Vista to a bare metal client.
The demonstration-based format promises to provide a day-long interactive session of training with one of the industry’s top experts in the field. IT professionals working in system management and are responsible for setup, deployment, and administration, will benefit from attending this session.
Note that seats are limited, so book early to avoid disappointment!
TechEd 2009 site: http://www.microsoft.com/events/teched2009/
This posting is provided “AS IS” with no warranties, and confers no rights.