In the Microsoft Enterprise Mobility space things move at the speed of lightning. Please find below some of the major things that we’ve announced in the past three months that are in the public domain.
Thanks to Markus Ritt, who has compiled this list.
- On microsoftpartnerserverandcloud.com several new Enterprise Mobility resources for partners have been posted and others have been updated! One new resource to mention explicitly: 2-day POC content
- The following learning paths from Partner learning center are useful for our Enterprise Mobility partners:
- Read an overview of all Enterprise Mobility related announcements that have been made during TechEd Europe in Barcelona a few days ago. Go here
- The ”latest and greatest EEM-pitch”, including 30min demo is available from TechEd Europe. Watch it
- Fantastic article from Windows IT Pro regarding EMS – take 5mins to have a quick read. No one else has anything like EMS
- Interesting read why ZDnet says that “… device wars are going to become irrelevant” and that it’s more about the “software in the background that manages you devices”. Read it
- Updated versions of MS partner incentive guides are available here. For Intune/EMS partners our Online Services Advisor Deploy incentive ist most interesting. It consists of a deploy and manage incentive, plus an accelerator, to eligible partners for deploying seats of O365, Enterprise Mobility Suite and Intune:
- Starting with November 17th several new Intune Capabilities have been rolled out. Read the blog post.
- We found this recently on solutions-review.com: “Get Your Free 2015 Mobile Device Management (MDM) Buyers Guide, which includes a category overview; the Top 10 Questions to Ask; Plus a Capabilities Reference of the Top 20 Solution Providers of Mobile Device Management”. Ask for the download
- Microsoft Intune provides Day 0 Support for Android 5.0 Lollipop. Read the details
- In case you or your customers/partners are interested in how to extend Windows Phone 8.1 Management and Inventory with OMA URI Settings and MOF Files, we recommend this blog post.
Azure AD Premium & Identity Management
- Microsoft Identity Manager Public Preview is now available! Read more
- A new video that explains Microsoft Azure Active Directory is available on Channel 9: Watch it
Azure Rights Management Services
- You can show this nice “Microsoft Azure Rights Management explained” video to customers. Watch it
- Support for Role-based access control (RBAC) has been added to the Azure Preview portal in order to help organizations meet their access management requirements simply and precisely. Read more
- Do you know how to deploy the Azure Rights Management Connector? If not, read it here
- You want to create custom templates in Azure RMS with the Azure Management Portal. Then read this “older” but still interesting article
- RMS sharing App is now also available for Mac PCs. More about this
- MobileIron also announced to work on something similar to our Azure RMS, but there is a catch. Read this external comment on this announcement.