Where do I grab the new Outlook for Mac?
From your Mac, grab the new Outlook for Mac bits here. (note: PCs will show PC Office versions)
What are some new features?
- Better performance and reliability as a result of a new threading model and database improvements.
- A new modern user interface with improved scrolling and agility when switching between Ribbon tabs.
- Online archive support for searching Exchange (online or on-premises) archived mail.
- Master Category List support and enhancements delivering access to category lists (name and color) and sync between Mac, Windows and OWA clients.
- Office 365 push email support for real-time email delivery.
- Faster first-run and email download experience with improved Exchange Web Services syncing.
- Shibb/SAML 2.0 support
Does this work with my E3 license or the Office 365 ProPlus benefit?
Yes, the new version of Outlook for Mac is available with E3 plans and the Office 365 ProPlus benefit. It will not be available with an E1 only license. See here on new Office 365 ProPlus benefit.
Can I run this side by side with my existing version of Outlook for Mac 2011?
Yes, however it is recommended to remove the older version of Outlook for Mac. See here.
Where can I find more information?
There are setup instructions for Outlook for Mac here.
I am having trouble activating Outlook for Mac or other install issues?
1) Check to make sure you have the locale set properly:
System Preferences -> Language & Region -> New preferred language “English” as default -> Region “USA” –> Reboot
2) If you have ADFS for Office 365 authentication, ensure that your ADFS server is properly patched. See here
3) Open a ticket with Office 365 support or visit Outlook for Mac support site here with your questions.