Office Mobile for iPhone
Today June 14 2013 Microsoft is releasing Office Mobile for iPhone in the US market and available in the Apple App Store at no additional charge for Office 365 subscribers. Starting June 18, Office Mobile for iPhone will become available in 135 international markets in 29 languages. Office Mobile for iPhone is free of charge for Office 365 subscribers, and provides a great mobile viewing and editing experience across Word, PowerPoint and Excel. To utilize Office Mobile for iPhone it requires the user to have Office 365 Pro subscription with the A3 SKU plan (or E3 for commercial customers) as well as an Office365 SIGN IN account. Screenshots noted at Office blog HERE
Similar to Office Mobile on Windows Phone, Office Mobile for iPhone offers great Office content viewing and on-the-go content editing capabilities for Word, Excel and PowerPoint documents. Compatible with iPhone 4, 4S and 5, iPod Touch 5th Generation running iOS 6.1 or later.
Some of the key benefits:
- · Consistent Office Experience. Your formatting and documents remain intact when viewing, editing, or adding comments, thanks to support for charts, animations, SmartArt graphics, and shapes. And when you return to your PC or Mac, your document looks like it should.
- · Easy Access. We made it easy access your Office content in the cloud on SkyDrive or SkyDrive Pro. Also, because Office Mobile is connected to your Office 365 subscription, you’ll see the content you recently viewed on your computer in the Recent Documents panel on your phone. And, of course, you can view and edit Office documents sent in email.
- · Optimized for What You Want to Do on a Small Screen. An example, the Slide Navigator allows you to page through PowerPoint presentations fast, while Speaker Notes help you practice presentations on the go. And, when moving Word documents from your PC to your phone, the Resume Reading feature takes you to the exact point in the document where you last left off, so you never miss a beat.
- · Sharing Built-in. You can make quick edits and share your documents, right from your phone with Office Mobile. When working with others, you can review comments in Word and Excel documents on your phone and add your own. When you’re done, you can share your files with others on SkyDrive or SkyDrive Pro or just send your document as an email attachment.
- · View & Edit: Office Mobile for iPhone allows you to access, view, and edit Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint documents on the go from your smartphone. You can also create new Word documents and Excel spreadsheets.
- · Formatting: Document elements and formatting remain intact when viewing, editing, or adding comments, thanks to support for charts, animations, SmartArt graphics, and shapes.
How do I get Office Mobile for iPhone?
Office 365 subscribers can download the application in 2 ways:
1. Go directly to the Apple App Store and search for Microsoft Office Mobile, and then download it.
2. Or go to your Office account page, select their type of phone, operator, and mobile number and we’ll send a text message to their phone with a link to Office Mobile in the app store.
What about the iPad or Android?
- · We built Office Mobile for iPhone to ensure a great Office experience when using a small screen device, similar to Office Mobile on Window Phone. If you have an iPad, we recommend using the Office Web Apps which provide the best Office experience on a tablet. We have made lots of enhancements to Office Web Apps including a touch experience for tablet users.
- · Office also provides additional iOS and Android capabilities for the things people want to do most on their mobile devices – email, real-time communications and note-taking. We provide native apps for OneNote, Lync and SharePoint, in addition to supporting Exchange Active Sync for email, calendar and contacts.