Good news! In the next round of updates to Office 365 (Exchange Online) we’ll be adding support for address book policies!
The Exchange Team have detailed exactly what this means, but the headlines are:
- It’s an Exchange Online only feature.
- It is available for enterprise (E) and education (A) plans only.
- Supports additional Address Lists (ALs), Global Address Lists (GALs), Offline Address Books (OABs), as well as ABPs.
- The default will be 10 GALs, 10 OABs, 10 ABPs and 40 ALs per tenant.
- All managed via PowerShell.
How does it work, and how do I get it?
I don’t want to prevent you from reading Greg Taylor’s excellent blog post so to find out more about how this works, and how to enable and configure it please check it out.