I am happy to announce the availability of Forefront Unified Access Gateway 2010, Update 1.
UAG Update 1 can be downloaded from Microsoft Download Center, here. In addition, UAG Update 1 is also available via the Microsoft Update channel.
The accompanying KB article (KB981323) details the contents of the release, is not available at this stage and will be available at following this release.
UAG Update 1 includes many bug fixes. It also includes the following enhancements:
- Remote Desktop access from Windows Vista and Windows XP: Client endpoints running Windows Vista and Windows XP can now access RemoteApps and Remote Desktops published through Forefront UAG.
- Support for Microsoft Office Forms Based Authentication (MSOFBA): Forefront UAG now supports the Office Forms Based Authentication protocol to allow rich clients to directly access applications published through Forefront UAG.
- Support for site cookies: Forefront UAG now supports the use of site cookies for non-alternate access mapping applications, in addition to domain cookies.
- Support for large CustomUpdate files: Forefront UAG now supports CustomUpdate files up to 1.5 GB in size.
- Support for SharePoint 2010
- Changes in Group Policy Object (GPO) provisioning for DirectAccess clients: Update 1 fixes an issue that caused the export script that creates GPO objects to fail, and an issue that caused the GPO to be applied to all authenticated users in the domain (including computer accounts), instead of to DirectAccess clients only.
Best regards on behalf of the entire UAG product team. Thanks in advance for helping us improve UAG for a better user experience, and thanks for spreading the word.