The complete library of Forefront UAG RTM content is now available on the Library tab of our Forefront UAG TechCenter. This content release is the result of a joint effort coordinated by the UAG User Experience team, in conjunction with the product group, field and support engineers, our community and customers. Together we planned, developed and reviewed the library content, in order to expand and improve the UAG ITPro documentation experience.
Using the content library
The content library is divided into a number of sections and guides, as follows:
The Product Evaluation section includes an overview of UAG capabilities; a list of new features; a summary of UAG architecture, a technical overview of Forefront UAG DirectAccess, and information about the time-limited evaluation version.
In Getting Started, a number of resources help you to ramp up before you start planning and deployment. You can review the release notes, follow a step-by-step guide for a quick UAG DirectAccess lab setup, and read about support boundaries.
Planning and Design
The Planning and Design guides help you to evaluate possible UAG deployment designs, and to understand the planning required in order to implement a chosen design:
- Infrastructure design guide-This guide is intended as an aid for the system, network, and server administrators who are responsible for modifying corporate infrastructure in preparation for UAG deployment. It discusses network topology options, firewall requirements, domain and workgroup requirements, certificate and DNS requirements, and client prerequisites.
- Array design guide-The array design guide provides information about array and load balancing options, and helps you to identify a high availability design to suit your corporate requirements.
- UAG DirectAccess guide-This guide provides in-depth information about the DirectAccess design process, topology planning, and deployment options and prerequisites.
- Publishing design guide-The publishing design guide provides an overview of publishing concepts, and helps you to understand the design requirements for deploying a UAG publishing solution.
- Access control for publishing design guide-UAG provides a number of access control mechanisms, including client authentication, endpoint health checking against access policies, and portal application authorization. This guide provides an overview of these mechanisms, and explain the design decisions required in order to implement access control.
- Endpoint component deployment design guide-This design guide provides information about UAG endpoint components, and client requirements, and describes the design considerations involved in endpoint component deployment.
After planning with the design guide, matching deployment guides walk you through the prerequisites and steps required in order to configure your chosen design. Deployment guides are provided for installation, array deployment, UAG DirectAccess deployment; application publishing, access control deployment, and endpoint component deployment.
In addition to these guides, the deployment section contains a number of solution guides. These provide a one-stop shop for planning and deploying a specific publishing solution. Solution guides are available for:
- SharePoint publishing-This guide describes the advantages of publishing SharePoint via UAG; publishing prerequisites; and a step-by-step walkthrough for each publishing topology.
- Exchange services publishing-The Exchange solution guide summarizes the Exchange services you can publish with UAG; describes the benefits of publishing Exchange via UAG; and provides deployment steps for each Exchange publishing scenario.
- Dynamics CRM publishing-This guide summarizes the value added proposition in publishing CRM via UAG, and detailed steps for publishing.
- Remote Desktop Services (RDS) publishing-The RDS publishing guide provides an overview of why you should publish RDS via UAG, and steps for publishing both RemoteApp applications and Desktop Connections.
The Operations section currently contains a UAG customization guide, information about administering UAG servers and arrays, instructions for configuring monitoring and logging, and information about the UAG System Center Operations Manager (SCOM) Management Pack.
The Technical Reference contains a number of useful reference topics, including:
- A reference for user interface (UI) fields in UAG wizards and property pages
- Information about the Activation Monitor console
- A list of logging fields provided when you log UAG activity to SQL Server
- A list of UAG registry keys that can be used to tweak settings that are not available via the UI
Enjoy! We’d love to get your feedback about what is and isn’t working for you, and are always happy to receive your requests for specific documents and content. Documentation feedback can be posted here, or sent directly to our team at email@example.com.
Forefront UAG User Experience Team