Along with the Forefront UAG Beta 2 download, the UAG user experience (UE) team has launched a brand new UAG content library over at TechNet (http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd861463.aspx). This content is designed to help you plan, deploy, and maintain your UAG servers, and is organized as follows:
- Evaluation – In the Evaluation section you can read an overview of UAG features, and for existing IAG and UAG users, you can get a quick summary of What’s new in UAG Beta 2.
- Getting Started – Read about last minute issues in the release notes. Especially important before you install and deploy!
- Planning and Design – Our Planning and Design guides are designed to help you understand how you can meet your organization’s deployment goals with a UAG solution, and how to plan for that solution.
- Deployment – The Deployment section helps you to get UAG installed, and to set up your deployment infrastructure. It includes a Deployment Checklist, System Requirements; Installation instructions; DirectAccess deployment steps; instructions for deploying an array of multiple load-balanced UAG servers; setting up client authentication servers; and client endpoint deployment and access policies.
- Operations – Operations provides information about configuring portals and published applications, and configuring file access and client VPN (SSL Network Tunneling) access. The Operations guides also includes a series of Application Publishing Solution Guides, providing a one-stop shop for the information required to publish common applications, including SharePoint, Exchange, Dynamics CRM, and Remote Desktop Services (Terminal Services).
We’d love to hear your feedback about our UAG TechCenter content – what we’re doing right – what we can improve – feedback about your search experience – and any other suggestions you might have. You can contact the user experience team directly at email@example.com.
Rayne Wiselman – UAG Content Team