Scenario: Additional confirmation budget check captured when a purchase order is auto-created from a purchase requisition and budget control is being used.
In Dynamics AX 2012 R2, a purchase order can be auto-created from a purchase requisition upon approval of the requisition. Due to a bug introduced with KB 2979807, a confirmed budget check request was sent at the time of purchase order creation resulting in an additional budget check for the purchase order. During subsequent processing, this original confirmation check is not recognized & is not returned resulting in doubled encumbrance balances for the purchase order upon document confirmation. The root cause of the issue was eliminated with a critical KB 2979807. However, additional steps need to be taken to undo the effect of the additional confirmation check.
The user will note that encumbrance balances for purchase orders automatically created from purchase requisitions at approval will have double the balance expected until the purchase order is finalized. This may cause unexpected budget check warnings or failures due to the additional consumption of encumbrance balances. Inquiry and reporting for the impacted documents will reflect the doubled amounts.
Steps to take to undo the effect of the additional confirmation check:
A job, FixBudgetControlAutoCreatePOData, and helper class, BudgetControlAutoCreatePODataFixHelper, are provided to fix the data.
Make sure the steps below are taken during maintenance time, when no users are entering data.
Take a database backup. We highly recommend running the script on a backup first and only in case of a successful result repeat the same in the production environment.
- Open Dynamics AX Development environment and import the class – BudgetControlAutoCreatePODataFixHelper and job – FixBudgetControlAutoCreatePOData.
- These files can be imported by going to Command > Import or by pressing Ctrl+Shift+I
- Select the file and click Ok.
- Once these files are imported, generate incremental CIL by going to Build > Generate Incremental CIL or by pressing Ctrl+Shift+F7
- An infolog will confirm the completed of CIL generation.
- Go to AOT > Jobs and open the FixBudgetControlAutoCreatePOData job and run it by clicking the Go button.
- Running the job will open a batch job scheduling dialog. User can select if they would like to run it as a batch job, complete other details and click Ok.
- If using batch processing option, the job will be scheduled for job and a confirmation message will be presented to the user in the infolog.
- A list of all the purchase orders fixed can be found in the batch job history log.
- If not using batch processing, the job will start immediately and a list of all the purchase orders fixed will be presented in the infolog.
- Verify the amounts held as encumbrance by purchase order fixed is correct. This can be done using the budget control statistics form.
NOTE: In case of finalized purchase orders or purchase orders that have been through the year-end close process, the budget funds held for encumbrance in error will not be released until the purchase order is finalized or year-end close process is completed. Budget funds available balance will show that extra funds are held for encumbrance from the date of creation of purchase order until it was finalized or processed through year-end close, which may lead to some budget check failures in that timeframe.