Dynamics AX Sustained Engineering is proud to announce the following compatibility between a released version of Dynamics AX and Windows 8, Microsoft Office 2013 and Internet Explorer 10.

Microsoft Product

Dynamics AX Versions

Windows 8, Microsoft Office 2013 and Internet Explorer 10

Dynamics AX 2009 SP1

The System requirements of Dynamics AX 2009 SP1 have been updated.

Follow the Dynamics AX Sustained Engineering blog for the latest updates. For further information, feel free to contact axsect@microsoft.com.

Murtaza,

I am sorry for the late reply I was not aware that someone has replied as I didn't receive any notification email.

The laptop spec:

Processor: Intel Core i5-3337 1.8

RAM: 4 GB

OS: Windows 8 Pro 64 bit

I have installed AX 2009 client on the laptop. The installation was fine and I can open the AX on the computer BUT it take very long time to open any window. For example once the AX has been launched and now if I click on any option like Order list or sales etc. it take very long time and says "Not Responding" but after 1 minutes of wait it will slowly open the window and load the data. I had Trend Micro Anti-Virus installed but I have uninstalled that and tried but it did not make any difference.

Please let me know if you need any further information.

Update,

The issue has been solved. The problem was with Trend Micro even though I had un-installed it from the client computer but maybe there was some sort of settings left. The issue with Trend Micro was from server side. I have installed this hot fix from Trend Micro and added AX32.exe in to exception list in Trend Micro and that fixed the issue.

community.trendmicro.com/…/102628

Thank you very much for your help.

Shak

3. Can you share details on the spec of the new laptops and what are the issues you are facing ?

4. For Office 2013 compatibility the System Requirements document for AX 2009 mention that Rollup 8 and hotfix 2830391 needs to be installed. Is Kernel Only (Binary Only) Rollup 8 enough or is the complete Rollup 8 with code upgrade necessary to get Office
    2013 support for Dynamics AX 2009?

5. Shak says:

Hi,

I have just bought 2 new laptops with Windows 8 Pro. I have installed Microsoft Dynamics AX 2009 Client on them and we are have extremely slow performance issue. All the other users are working fine with Windows 7 and XP but Windows 8 is not working.

Is there any update, patch or workaround to this.

6. Sagar Laddha says:

I have a laptop with 64 bit Win 8 and 64 bit Office 2013 installed. I tried generating an excel template for a custom table in AX 2009 but getting an error

Method 'save' in COM object of class 'Excel.Application' returned error code 0x800A03EC (<unknown>) which means: Save method of Application class failed.

Pingback from Announcing Compatibility Certification of Windows 8, Microsoft Office 2013 and Internet Explorer 10 with Dynamics AX 2009 SP1 | Office 365 Singapore for Business – Win-Pro

8. Jahel Vella says:

Attn Sagar Laddha -> Did you manage to fix the problem with the Excel template?

9. Mark Veurink says:

@Sagar: Please try to disable "sent to bluetooth" add-in in Excel 2013. We also had a customer with the same problem, Disabling this Add-in solved the problem.

10. Shraddha Sarode says:

I am dynamically generating Excel file in Axapta 2009 in users Temp folder. But If user is having Excel 2013 version installed then I am getting below error –
    Method ‘save’ in COM object of class ‘Excel.Application’ returned error code 0x800A03EC () which means: Save method of Application class failed.