It is with great pleasure that I announce the launch of Sure Step Online. This release of Sure Step Online is the first step of a long term architectural change moving away from the current 400mb client download for each language, to a Silverlight application available on Partner Source and Customer Source. A few of the benefits from moving away from a local client include:
- Having the ability to introduce new content or update existing content real-time.
- Having the ability to point users to a specific guidance page or template, which will eliminate the need for them to download the whole methodology to locate the specific content/guidance.
What is Sure Step?
Microsoft Dynamics Sure Step is a standard implementation methodology and collection of tools, templates, and best practices to use in all phases of a Microsoft Dynamics customer engagement. Sure Step also provides many process flow diagrams that visually illustrate each phase of the implementation. Sure Step provides tailored guidance and templates for specific Microsoft Dynamics products, including:
- Microsoft Dynamics AX
- Microsoft Dynamics CRM
- Microsoft Dynamics CRM Online
- Microsoft Dynamics GP
- Microsoft Dynamics NAV
- Microsoft Dynamics SL
Sure Step can help partners increase their productivity through an enhanced customer engagement methodology. This includes an improved set of best practices and extendable templates that support collaboration with other partners, provide more project predictability, and improve customers’ satisfaction with their Microsoft Dynamics solutions.
For customers, Sure Step can help deliver a predictable, on-time, on-budget, and on-spec Microsoft Dynamics implementation that can provide a rapid return on investment, meet business requirements, and help meet future needs.
What is available in Sure Step Online?
In this first release the following features are available:
- Same set of content that is available for the client application is now available on the web in the following languages:
Chinese, Danish, French, German, Japanese, Portuguese (Brazil), Russian, Spanish, Turkish
- Methodology, Tools, Templates and Links for all Dynamics products.
- View of 800 documents that can be filtered by Methodology phases and by client facing or internal deliverables.
- Ability to search the Methodology, Documents, and External Links within the content.
- Simplified content upgrade with new content being delivered online within 24 hours. Partners and customers no longer need to download lengthy updates when new content is available.
To learn more about Sure Step Online, please visit the Sure Step page on PartnerSource