We want to inform you that as of October 1, 2008,
- Microsoft Dynamics™ Client for Microsoft® Office and SharePoint® Server, and
- Microsoft Dynamics™ Client for Microsoft® Office and Microsoft Windows® SharePoint® Services
will be available for existing Microsoft Dynamics®AX, , Microsoft Dynamics®NAV (Release date December 1, 2008) - Microsoft Business Ready Licensing (“BRL”) customers.
This licensing option was launched in March 2007 for new customers. Now existing customers can realize even more productivity gains by extending the power, insights and process control of Microsoft Dynamics applications to all their employees with Microsoft Dynamics Client for Office.
Microsoft Dynamics AX and Microsoft Dynamics NAV BRL customers will receive an automatic technology trade-in upon upgrading to Microsoft Dynamics AX 2009 and Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2009.
Empower even more people to be productive
Microsoft Dynamics Client for Office is a package of self service applications built around the Microsoft Office system. These applications combine role-based access to information and processes with the business insights and collaboration capabilities of Microsoft Windows SharePoint Services and Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007.
Research shows that on average, 85 percent of employees within an organization don't have direct access to critical business data within business management solutions, such as Microsoft Dynamics. Microsoft Dynamics Client for Office provides a cost-effective solution for connecting employees to the processes and information within these systems.
With Microsoft Dynamics Client for Office employees can:
- Access Microsoft Dynamics information via a browser working with a Microsoft SharePoint site or through Microsoft Office products such as Excel and Outlook
- Make faster, more informed decisions
- Work in familiar applications and with information that is specific to their role, and with appropriate access privileges.