Q: Most of my clients are seriously confused by the rebase tool logs. It is reporting 0x80004005 when running discoveries and updates practically on every mailbox, yet we are sure that service account we are using is permission as required. Thoughts?
A: 0x80004005, can happen because of multiple reasons.
- Mailbox is not the organizer of any meetings that fall in the extended DST period.
- It is also possible that user has only single instance meetings in their mailbox.
- the tool could not reliably determine a user's time zone
- You are referencing Tzmove.exe from the wrong directory.
- The account that you are using to run Msextmz does not have full mailbox permissions and has not been delegated the correct Exchange permissions.
You may move these users to mailbox.txt , and put correct timezone and server and try rebasing them, as a test start with few users.