The DPM website has been updated (www.microsoft.com/DPM) – with new information on the upcoming release of DPM 2007, pricing/licensing details, and best of all – new downloads.
As some of you may have heard from our recent demonstration at SQL PASS or from the DPM newsgroups, we have a release candidate for DPM 2007 – and now everyone can start to evaluate it.
This is a later build than what some of our early adopter customers have already been working with, testing aggressively and have been putting into production.
This evaluation downloadable is the complete feature set for the upcoming release, so check out:
- Blending continuous data protection with traditional tape backup
- Protection for Microsoft SQL Server 2000, 2005 and even 2008-previews
- Protection for Exchange Server 2003 and 2007
- Protection for Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007 & WSS 3.0
- Protection for Virtualized Environments hosted on Microsoft Virtual Server 2005 R2
- Protection for Windows Server 2003 and Windows Server 2008 files and shares
- Protection for Windows XP Professional (sp2) and Windows Vista Business edition or better
- System State protection
- Media Encryption for DPM tapes
- Enterprise deployment of DPM agents
- Command-line control through Windows PowerShell
And new since Beta 2 – for this evaluation and the upcoming RTM:
- Document-level restore for SharePoint
- Bare Metal Recovery
We’ll be having a few Microsoft TechNet webcasts (and posting new whitepapers & datasheets) over the next few months to explain more about these features as we get ready to bring the product to market – but for now, go get the evaluation software and try all of the features. Get ready – DPM 2007 is coming !!