Getting ready to demo the great new capabilities of Project Server 2010? Here is some advice on how to do this with the changes in the technical landscape.
First the challenge!
Next the solutions:-
- Build your own demonstration virtual machine environment using the Beta release
- See blog http://blogs.msdn.com/chrisfie/ for building a Virtual Machine and advice on hardware (hard state drives are the watchword)
- Obtain Beta at Get Project Professional 2010 and Project Server 2010 Beta
- Upgrade your demo hardware, see the www.dell.com/demoready deal exclusively for Microsoft partners. For non US customers email Christopher_Clark@Dell.com for your country contact stating you want the demo ready deal.
- Wait for Microsoft virtual machine release, end of the year
- Virtual machine download , email email@example.com for instructions when available, ETA end of Dec. Watch for the blog post update.
- Technet hosted virtual machines will also be made available
- Purchase hosted proof of concepts/ demo environment post Beta release from partners offering this service.
Share us your thoughts. Give your customers the best demo experience!