Enabling Topology – Completed with Errors (Error Code 2310)

An issue I ran into when trying to publish my topology is that it would complete with errors when trying to do the enabling topology step:

Looking at the log, I can see that I’m getting the following errors when it trys to connect to the share:

Error: Error accessing share \\BETA-LS14-SE1.beta.deitterick.com\share – Method failed with unexpected error code 2310..

Error: Cannot create directory. The path is read only: \\BETA-LS14-SE1.beta.deitterick.com\share\2-ApplicationServer-1\AppServerFiles

In this instance this server was a Standard Edition server and the issue was that I never created the share manually.  Unlike in OCS 2007 R1/R2, for a Standard Edition install, you need to manually create the share before publishing your topology.  This same error will happen for an Enterprise Edition pool if you haven’t created the share, but for an Enterprise Edition install, you always had to manuall create the shares ahead of time.

1. dodeitte says:

@Sven

Create the share like any other shared folder.  Just make sure that the account that you're running the installer as has share and NTFS rights to Read/Write to the share.  You can take a look at this TechNet article if you need more information (technet.microsoft.com/…/cc770880.aspx).

2. dodeitte says:

@Sven

What rights got stamped on the share and the folder after you published the topology?  Did it create a folder structure inside of the shared folder?

3. LK says:

Same issue is faced by me …….while publishing topology.

Getting error like "completed  with errors" during Enabling topology process..

4. Sven says:

Same issue, how can i create the share manually?

5. Sven says:

@dodeitte:

Thanks, now i'm fix this problem with the manuell created share.

But in Step -2- "Setup or Remove Lync Server Components"  i'am getting another error like:

Error: Access control list (ACL) share failed.,Microsoft.Rtc.Management.Deployment.ActivateMachineCmdlet Access control list (ACL) share

6. Sven says:

@dodeitte:

I created one folder with the name LyncShare on "C:Program FilesMicrosoft Lync Server 2010LyncShare". After this i created the permissions like the introducing from Jeff Schertz (blog.schertz.name/…/lync2010rc-deployment-part1)…..Read & Execute permissions to Everyone…. and Administrators group is already granted Full Control.

I didn't create a folder inside my shared folder "LyncShare". At the moment inside this shared folder are 3 different folders, 1-ApplicationServer-1, 1-CentralMgmt-1, 1-WebServices-1, i guess the system create this folders.

It's necessary to create a folder with the name structure inside my shareg folder?

Best Regards.

7. Sven says:

@dodeitte:

Thank's for your help i fixed the problem, the name of my share was wrong.

8. AZinAK says:

Thanks!  That helped me out too.  I did not realize that you had to create the share manually.

9. lone says:

Error: Error accessing share \waluigi.ca.cheaphomes.comshare – Method failed with unexpected error code 2310..   5/4/2011 12:08:08 PM   Error

└    Error: Cannot create directory. The path is read only: \waluigi.ca.cheaphomes.comshare1-CentralMgmt-1CMSFileStore

Where should i call the share file, to share it with lync and where is best location.

10. bileps says:

It worked for me! Just created a folder in C: drive and shared it. Many thanks! 🙂

11. "Lone" your are rock ……its a working solution for me …thanks a ton

12. Mirzan says:

dodeitte u r a msater of genious…

13. Mohammed says:

after this option there is showing finish then selct Lync Server deployment wizrd ..step 1 Local user configuration store is not showing done

14. Le Kha Sy says:

I have passed this pro plem by uncheck on "select an office web app sever" Step.
    i think everyone should try this.

15. mehran safari says:

When you view the log file you see the following errors for the Lync File Share:

ACLError: Access permissions error.

Error: Failed to save permissions on “\server.domain.localLyncShare$”.

To fix this I had to add the following groups to the Share (Not NTFS) permissions on the Lync File Share. I had to do this even though Everyone had Full Control on the Share Permissions. Topology Builder would fail publishing the topology until I added these
    groups on.

RTCComponentUniversalServices
    RTCHSUniversalServices
    RTCUniversalServerAdmin
    RTCUniversalConfigReplicator
    After changing the Share permissions, the topology published successfully.

16. Siva says:

Hello, can you help me to rid out the following error while publising topoloy in skype for business server 2015.
    Thanks in Advance.

▼ Install-CsDatabase Failed
    └ ▼ Action 10/28/2015 7:57:25 AM Success
    └ Root domain: my.domain.com. 10/28/2015 7:57:25 AM
    └ Root domain: my.domain.com. 10/28/2015 7:57:25 AM

└ Filter: (&((ObjectCategory Equal person)(ObjectClass Equal user)(Sid Equal S-1-5-21-4044618803-442660741-3124155357-500))) 10/28/2015 7:57:25 AM

└ Found 10/28/2015 7:57:25 AM
    └ User: CN=Administrator,CN=Users,DC=my,DC=domain,DC=com 10/28/2015 7:57:25 AM
    └ Group security identifier (SID): S-1-5-21-4044618803-442660741-3124155357-519 10/28/2015 7:57:25 AM

└ HasToken: True 10/28/2015 7:57:25 AM
    └ Check Groups 10/28/2015 7:57:25 AM
    └ Found "RTCUniversalServerAdmins": True 10/28/2015 7:57:25 AM
    └ Found "RTCUniversalConfigReplicator": True 10/28/2015 7:57:25 AM
    └ Found "RTCUniversalReadOnlyAdmins": True 10/28/2015 7:57:25 AM
    └ TaskFailed: Task execution failed. 10/28/2015 7:57:25 AM Error

Error: Could not load file or assembly ‘Microsoft.SqlServer.SqlEnum, Version=12.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=89845dcd8080cc91’ or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
    ▼ Details
    └ Type: FileNotFoundException
    └ ▼ Stack Trace
    └ at Microsoft.Rtc.Common.Data.DbSetupBase..ctor(Dictionary`2 parameters, Action`2 log)
    10/28/2015 7:57:25 AM Error
    └ TaskFailed: An error occurred while creating or updating the database for feature CentralMgmtStore. For details, see the log file ‘C:Usersadministrator.mydomainAppDataLocalTemp2DbExists-CentralMgmtStore-skypeserver.mydomain.com-[2015_10_28][07_57_25].log’
    10/28/2015 7:57:25 AM
    └ TaskFailedResolution: Consult exception information and previous errors for more information on how to resolve this error. 10/28/2015 7:57:25 AM

└ Error: An error occurred: "System.IO.FileNotFoundException" "Could not load file or assembly ‘Microsoft.SqlServer.SqlEnum, Version=12.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=89845dcd8080cc91’ or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified."
    10/28/2015 7:57:25 AM Error

▼ Details
    └ Type: FileNotFoundException
    └ ► Stack Trace

17. dodeitte says:

@Siva

You’ll want to check out this log file mentioned in the error you posted:

It will hopefully contain additional information on why Install-CsDatabase is failing.