Update Rollup 12 for Operations Manager 2012 R2 has been released. You can access detailed information about this update from
Microsoft Support Page. Also you can download updates from Update Catalog.
- Web Console
Issues that are fixed in Operations Manager
- When you try to upgrade System Center 2012 R2 Operations Manager Reporting Server to System Center 2016 Operations Manager reporting server
- Recovery tasks on “Computer Not Reachable” messages in the System Center Operations Manager Monitor generate failed logons for System Center Operations Manager Agents that are not part of the same domain as the Management Groups.
- When a Management Server is removed from the All Management Servers Resource Pool, the monitoring host process do not update the Type Space Cache.
- SHA1 is deprecated for the System Center 2012 R2 Operations Manager Agent and SHA2 is now supported.
- Because of incorrect computations of configuration and overrides, some managed entities go into an unmonitored state. This behavior is accompanied by event 1215 errors that are logged in the Operations Manager log.
- IntelliTrace Profiling workflows fail on certain Windows operating system versions. The workflow cannot resolve Shell32 interface issues correctly.
- There is a character limitation of 50 characters on the custom fields in the notification subscription criteria. This update increases the size of the limitation to 255 characters.
- You cannot add Windows Client computers for Operational Insights (OMS) monitoring. This update fixes the OMS Managed Computers wizard in the System Center Operations Manager Administration pane to let you search or add Windows Client computers.
- When you use the Unix Process Monitoring Template wizard to add a new template to the monitor processes on UNIX servers, the monitored data is not inserted into the database. This issue occurs until the Monitoring Host is restarted.
New Linux operating systems supported
- RHEL 7 on Power8 is now supported in System Center2012 R2 Operations Manager
Issues that are fixed in the UNIX and Linux management packs
- SHA1 is deprecated and SHA2 is now supported on the management server that’s used to sign the UNIX/Linux Operations Manager i (OMi) certificate.
- OMi start attempts fail on all FIPS-enabled UNIX/Linux systems. This fix updates the agents to support FIPS-enabled systems.
- The Average Physical disk sec/transfer performance counters are not displayed for Hewlett Packard systems.
- OMi displays incorrect memory information for Solaris 10 systems.
- The Network Adapter Performance counter is not displayed for SLES 12 x64 platforms in the console.
- You can’t discover file systems on HPUX 11.31 IA-64 computers that have more than 128 disks. Previously, only 128 VGs were supported. This update extends support to 256 VGs.
- Deep monitoring can’t be started successfully for some Jboss applications because the discovery of the Jboss application server sets the DiskPath for the Jboss server incorrect. Deep monitoring is not started in JBoss stand-alone mode when a nondefault configuration is used. This update provides additional support for JBoss stand-alone mode.