BDD 2007 Lite Touch and SMS 2003 Zero Touch Video Walkthroughs

I have had a number of emails and comments requesting the location for the video walkthroughs featuring BDD 2007 Lite Touch and BDD 2007/SMS 2003 Zero Touch Setup, so I have re-posted them to the Deployment Guys SkyDrive for download:

The BDD 2007 Lite Touch Video Walkthrough download pack (23.5 MB) contains the following videos – view them in the order they are listed to see the overall process.

• 1. Lite Touch Configuration.wmv

• 2. Lite Touch Office 2007 Configuration.wmv

• 3. Lite Touch Client NEW COMPUTER.wmv

• 4. Lite Touch Client REFRESH COMPUTER.wmv

View all of these walkthroughs on-line at Deployment Forum!

The BDD 2007 Zero Touch Video Walkthrough download pack (22.3 MB) contains the following videos – view them in the order they are listed to see the overall process.

• 1. Zero Touch Configuration.wmv

• 2. Zero Touch Client NEW COMPUTER.wmv

• 3. Zero Touch Client REFRESH COMPUTER.wmv

View all of these walkthroughs on-line at Deployment Forum!

This post was contributed by Richard Smith a Senior Consultant with Microsoft Services, UK.

1. Hi jrandom

Yes you can. This is detailed in the WAIK 1.1 documentation. If you tyep imagex /? this gives a quick help and you can drill down from there.

cheers,

Rich Trusson

But what happens after about 17:40 in the video? There’s about 13 minutes missing…

3. Ladung says:

These are are great. Thanks for sharing …

4. jrandom says:

I’ve only got one question: Is there any way to use ImageX to deploy a custom image captured in the first place by ImageX in Microsoft Deployment or Configuration Manager 2007?

5. Rich Kuzmiak says:

Is there a way to run HP raid configuration in PE to configure logical drives prior to deployment?

6. jrandom says:

Rich,

What I’m talking about is, after capturing a custom WIM file with sysprep and all my customizations, using MDT 2008 to deploy the image using ImageX.

Adding a custom image to the Distribution share, it gets marked as Windows XP, even if it was a Vista Enterprise installation.

When I attempt to deploy without setup files, I get the NTLDR missing error once I’m finished downloading the image.

Including the Vista setup files, I lose all my settings and customizations.

Any suggestions?

7. JRandom says:

That’s me who posted it. Still am having all sorts of problems.