BDD 2007 Lite Touch and SMS 2003 Zero Touch Video Walkthroughs

I have had a number of emails and comments requesting the location for the video walkthroughs featuring BDD 2007 Lite Touch and BDD 2007/SMS 2003 Zero Touch Setup, so I have re-posted them to the Deployment Guys SkyDrive for download:

The BDD 2007 Lite Touch Video Walkthrough download pack (23.5 MB) contains the following videos – view them in the order they are listed to see the overall process.

• 1. Lite Touch Configuration.wmv

• 2. Lite Touch Office 2007 Configuration.wmv

• 3. Lite Touch Client NEW COMPUTER.wmv

• 4. Lite Touch Client REFRESH COMPUTER.wmv

View all of these walkthroughs on-line at Deployment Forum!

The BDD 2007 Zero Touch Video Walkthrough download pack (22.3 MB) contains the following videos – view them in the order they are listed to see the overall process.

• 1. Zero Touch Configuration.wmv

• 2. Zero Touch Client NEW COMPUTER.wmv

• 3. Zero Touch Client REFRESH COMPUTER.wmv

View all of these walkthroughs on-line at Deployment Forum!

This post was contributed by Richard Smith a Senior Consultant with Microsoft Services, UK.

Hi JRandom,

Have you seen the reply to this question on deploymentforum.com?

Thanks,

Ben

Hi jrandom

Yes you can. This is detailed in the WAIK 1.1 documentation. If you tyep imagex /? this gives a quick help and you can drill down from there.

cheers,

Rich Trusson

But what happens after about 17:40 in the video? There’s about 13 minutes missing…

4. Ladung says:

These are are great. Thanks for sharing …

5. jrandom says:

I’ve only got one question: Is there any way to use ImageX to deploy a custom image captured in the first place by ImageX in Microsoft Deployment or Configuration Manager 2007?

6. Rich Kuzmiak says:

Is there a way to run HP raid configuration in PE to configure logical drives prior to deployment?

7. jrandom says:

Rich,

What I’m talking about is, after capturing a custom WIM file with sysprep and all my customizations, using MDT 2008 to deploy the image using ImageX.

Adding a custom image to the Distribution share, it gets marked as Windows XP, even if it was a Vista Enterprise installation.

When I attempt to deploy without setup files, I get the NTLDR missing error once I’m finished downloading the image.

Including the Vista setup files, I lose all my settings and customizations.

Any suggestions?

8. JRandom says:

That’s me who posted it. Still am having all sorts of problems.