Short summary of Windows parental control features:
- Game Restrictions – ability to restrict games based on ratings and on descriptors associated with the game. These are based on ESRB ratings, and other rating systems from other countries.
- Application Restrictions – ability to disable all programs from running on the machine, except specifically allowed programs.
- Time Restrictions – ability to restrict what hours the child can use the computer for
- Web Restrictions – ability to restrict which web sites can be browsed, based on the content of the page.
- Activity reporting – ability to see what you child has been doing, which web sites are browsed, which games and applications are run as well as things like failed logon attempts to see for password hacking attempts and system clock changes to get around the time restrictions.