Have you been watching Data Exposed over on Channel 9? If you’re a data developer, Data Exposed is a great place to learn more about what you can do with data: relational and non-relational, on-premises and in the cloud, big and small.
On the show, Scott Klein and his guests demonstrate features, discuss the latest news, and share their love for data technology – from SQL Server, to Azure HDInsight, and more!
We rounded up the year’s top 10 most-watched videos from Data Exposed. Check them out below – we hope you learn something new!
- Introducing Azure Data Factory: Learn about Azure Data Factory, a new service for data developers and IT pros to easily transform raw data into trusted data assets for their organization at scale.
- Introduction to Azure DocumentDB: Get an introduction to Azure DocumentDB, a NoSQL document database-as-a-service that provides rich querying, transactional processing over schema free data, and query processing and transaction semantics that are common to relational database systems.
- Introduction to Azure Search: Learn about Azure Search, a new fully-managed, full-text search service in Microsoft Azure which provides powerful and sophisticated search capabilities to your applications.
- Azure SQL Database Elastic Scale: Learn about Azure SQL Database Elastic Scale, .NET client libraries and Azure cloud service packages that provide the ability to easily develop, scale, and manage the stateful data tiers of your SQL Server applications.
- Hadoop Meets the Cloud: Scenarios for HDInsight: Explore real-life customer scenarios for big data in the cloud, and gain some ideas of how you can use Hadoop in your environment to solve some of the big data challenges many people face today.
- Azure Stream Analytics: See the capabilities of Azure Stream Analytics and how it helps make working with mass volumes of data more manageable.
- The Top Reasons People Call Bob Ward: Scott Klein is joined by Bob Ward, Principle Escalation Engineer for SQL Server, to talk about the top two reasons why people want to talk to Bob Ward and the rest of his SQL Server Services and Support team.
- SQL Server 2014 In-Memory OLTP Logging: Learn about In-Memory OLTP, a memory-optimized and OLTP-optimized database engine integrated into SQL Server. See how transactions and logging work on memory-optimized-tables, and how a system can recover in-memory data in case of a system failure.
- Insights into Azure SQL Database: Get a candid and insightful behind-the-scenes look at Azure SQL Database, the new service tiers, and the process around determining the right set of capabilities at each tier.
- Using SQL Server Integration Services to Control the Power of Azure HDInsight: Join Scott and several members of the #sqlfamily to talk about how to control cloud from on-premises SQL Server.