Microsoft is pleased to announce the release of SQL Server 2012 Service Pack 2. The Service Pack is available for download on the Microsoft Download Center. As part of our continued commitment to software excellence for our customers, this upgrade is available to all customers with existing SQL Server 2012 deployments.
SQL Server 2012 SP2 contains fixes to issues that have been reported through our customer feedback platforms and Hotfix solutions provided in SQL Server 2012 SP1 cumulative updates up to and including Cumulative Update 9. Service Pack 2 also includes a handful of design change requests and fixes for issues that have been reported through Windows Error Reporting system.
A few customer-requested updates in Microsoft SQL Server 2012 SP2 are:
- Enhanced informational messages about AlwaysOn availability groups. Support for COPY_ONLY backups of an AlwaysOn secondary through DPM.
- Support for local cube creation. More Analysis Services and Reporting Services logging to improve troubleshooting.
- Performance improvements for SQL Server Integration Services around SSIDB deadlock/cleanup.
- Query planning enhancements and improved troubleshooting diagnostics for hash join/aggregate operator spills of data in tempdb and full text indexes.
- Replication supportability and functionality enhancements.
- Storage engine performance enhancements.
For more highlights of SQL Server 2012 SP2, please read here.
For information about upgrading to SQL Server 2012, see setup information here. To obtain SQL Server 2012 SP2 with its improved supportability please visit the links below: